MarketPress + Mailchimp integration: are users synced?

Hi Gurus,

Can you explain how new accounts created through marketpress purchases get handled by mailchimp integration plugin?
I would like to create an autoresponder for users that make purchases and so would love to be able to assign them to a specific mailchimp list and potentially assign them a custom membership type.
Thanks so much.

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello emilio_gagliardi,

I'm afraid that MailChimp Integration only allows to add users to only one mailing list - so every user that registers will be added to this list. There is no more advanced integration at the moment.

Also there is no integration between MarketPress that will allow you automatically add users that made purchase in MarketPress to specific membership type.

This kind of integration cannot be done with quick snippet code. But if you can add your users that made purchase in your store manually to membership type then you can use Membership mailchimp integration add on that allows you to add your users to three different lists and in the future version of the plugin it will allow to add different lists to all memberships.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello emilio_gagliardi,

So, when a user (new or returning) purchases through MarketPress, I'll have to manually add that user to the mailchimp list I want to run autoresponders on?

If this will be registered user (you force in MarketPress that your buyers have to have account before making a purchase) then not, you can use then MailChimp integration to add them to one list. But there is no way for plugin to work with guests (no account) or recognize if registered user actually bought something in your store.
    This would require rewriting plugin so it would integrated with MarketPress.

You wrote about memberships so I thought you are using Membership 2 Pro - and in this plugin you could add membership (still manually but adding membership is quicker than adding mail to to list in MailChimp) that would be associated with one specific list to your registered users, that actually bought something in your store (but they would still need to have account on your site).

I know that those are workaround but hopefully in future there will be better integration with MailChimp in the MarketPress.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.