MarketPress: Make /store/products only show catagories

How can I go about making this page only show a picture, and catagory name, vs displaying all products that are available in the store? Looking at the Theming MarketPress file, I have not been enlightened, other then I can create a mp_products.php, but that seems it would then make each product page the same, which is not what I am looking for, and I have no idea what belongs in mp_products.php to make it simiar to where ever the default values are, so the page really breaks at that point.

the only example I saw here in the forums was to use a catagory.php, and rename / then modify, which does display things, but no longer has the correct markup for marketpress.

So to clarify, this is really two questions:

1) How can I change the default page without having to change it for all pages / creating seperate mp_category-whatever.php files, or do I just hide the link to Products and create my own page

2) Where can I find the code to generate these lists, as it exists in MarketPress, so I don't need to reinvent the wheel?
ie: I'd like to copy the default code to my customized mp_catagory.php, have it work exactly the way it does now, css/html markup etc, so I can then work on making it do what I want, such as not listing products from a sub catagory in the parents page.

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi Will

Greetings from the WPMU DEV Support Team and thank you for being a member of our Community.

Unfortunately I can't give you a clear cut answer here as I would need to check with the Developer first on customizing your product pages. However, while I ask him for feedback, I can leave you with a couple of threads that has been placed recently with related topics to yours. Maybe something might help from there as well?

Custom Product Types Using Marketpress, GridMarket and Custompress
    MarketPress: How to customize the product list?
    Marketpress store and product page customization

Also just want to check. What theme are you using? Have you tried using the FrameMarket theme, that works very well with the MarketPress plugin?

Please allow me to check with the Developer and my other support team for solutions for you. I will revert back at the earliest.

And I look forward to receive your feedback as well.

Have a good day!

Gina

• Fondeli
    • The Bug Hunter

Hi Will,

I know you want to change the product page, but the store page is much easier to customize. I did something like this previously. I changed the store page, as it is a wp page, and not very attractive. I went in and added images for my categories and linked these images to the category page. For example a picture of a toy linked to /store/products/category/toys/ the title of the image is just the name of the category. I then added the shopping cart and delivery status as child menus for the store page. There is no messing about with code.

Just an idea that might work for you! :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.