MarketPress Manual

I have read the MarketPress Manual, and noticed the remarks on the frontpage for input for improvements of the manual..

1) There is an index with no pagenumbers and no working link to content
2) There is no visual identifier of chapter or subchapter in the doc, only 'part'
3) It is written as a blogpost, but published in PDF-format
4) The only way to search the doc for specific content is to use the Part VIII converted to 8, and visual search for figures as is the only content numbered properly..

And this list is only for the presentation.. content not rated this time :slight_smile:

It is VERY important that a manual is formatted for easy reading and lockups. And even better, a good template for docs can be used over and over again - and will help writing good content!

Espen

• Paul Barthmaier

Hi Espen,

I agree with you wholeheartedly, and I'm sure that most others around here would love to see our manuals be more informative and uptodate. However, finding the time and resources for accomplishing this type of goal is challenging. Of course we need to spend considerable energy on the core business of development, and our customer service spends an endless supply here in the forums. We are always working on new things, one of which is the documentation. I'm lobbying for more member participation. Do you have any thoughts on what might be the best way to go about this? I'm all ears and will do my best to take it to task. We really do want to meet your expectations and I'm confident we'll get there.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.