Marketpress marketplace base installed on a different sub domain

Hi,
Right now Marketpress global products display on domain.com/marketplace
I do not want them to show on domain.com but rather on a subsite domain.com/site1/marketplace
I know that I can use shortcodes on a subsite but any suggestions on how I can change it from appearing on domain.com, without using membership plugin? Ie how I can get it to appear on another domain controlled by the super admin? Thanks.

• Timothy Bowers

Hey Atlanta.

I do not want them to show on domain.com but rather on a subsite domain.com/site1/marketplace
    I know that I can use shortcodes on a subsite

With the MarketPress network activated you can use those shortcodes any site you wish within your network. You can also use global widgets as well.

Thats of course providing you enable it from your network admin area:

/wp-admin/network/settings.php?page=marketpress-ms

Admin --> Network Admin --> Settings --> MarketPress.

+ Limit Global Widgets/Shortcodes To Main Blog

any suggestions on how I can change it from appearing on domain.com, without using membership plugin?

Sure, you don't have to link to those pages if you don't wish to. Just remove the page with the global pages, or the linkes to the relevant pages for the cart on that site.

Ie how I can get it to appear on another domain controlled by the super admin? Thanks.

Then just create those pages and include those shortcodes on any sub site you wish. :slight_smile:

Take care.

• Atlanta

Sorry for not including it.
    domain.com uses Product theme, Product Child 3.1.5

Question, a screenshot of the location of what? Marketpress, where I want the global page to appear? domain.com/site2

Or where the global base gets installed? I left the default settings.
    Network>Marketpress>
    "Customizes the url structure of global category and tag listings.
    Marketplace Base /marketplace
    Product Categories /marketplace/categories
    Product Tags /marketplace/tags

• aecnu

Greetings Atlanta,

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

you don't have to link to those pages if you don't wish to. Just remove the page with the global pages,

How do I remove these pages? They don't show in the menu section. I don't want people on domain.com to be able to see these or Google to crawl them.

You can find the globals selection by going to Site admin --> Appearance --> Theme Options --> Set up your theme --> Show global or just that main shop products on the front? --> set to local --> Save options.

If this thread is not resolved because the suggested action did not work or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• Atlanta

You can find the globals selection by going to Site admin --> Appearance --> Theme Options --> Set up your theme --> Show global or just that main shop products on the front? --> set to local --> Save options.

Hi, Joe, thanks for responding. I think you are talking about something else...
    I am using Product theme on domain.com.
    Site admin --> Appearance --> Theme Options --> Set up your theme --> Show global or just that main shop products on the front? --> set to local --> Save options.
    The option for local and global products does not exist in this theme, it exists for Frame market.
    I am looking for a way to prevent global products from displaying on Product theme which is the main domain theme.

Thanks.

• Timothy Bowers

With you mentioning global products, I thought you had created a page with the shortcodes.

Then I thought you were referring to something in a theme, like links.

I'm easily confused. lol

"Customizes the url structure of global category and tag listings.
    Marketplace Base /marketplace
    Product Categories /marketplace/categories
    Product Tags /marketplace/tags

Is this the confusion, are you are talking about the slugs from the presentation screen?

You don't want them.... (screen attached)

If thats the case then you can't remove them fully, but your don't have to link to them from your front end.

If I'm still confused, then when I asked for screenshots I mean for you to show me visually what you want to achieve. :slight_smile:

• Timothy Bowers

That is correct, yes.

You could always create your own nofollow/noindex rules:

http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2007/01/controlling-how-search-engines-access.html

I suppose you could also do something with htaccess and a 301 redirect:

http://ndesign-studio.com/blog/301-htaccess-redirect

Be careful though as there could be conflicts there with the current rules. I've not tested it.

Take care.

• aecnu

Greetings Atlanta,

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Use the robots.txt spider disallow statement to stop Google from crawling the URL's you do not want crawled.

Google listen but many rogue bots do not.

Sample:

#
    # Rename this file robots.txt to prevent search engines to
    # index your wordpress folders.
    #
    # If your site is in a subfolder, edit the file as necessary,
    # i.e. /wp-content/ becomes /subfolder/wp-content/, etc. and
    # place the file in the domain's root folder.
    #

User-agent: *
    Disallow: /wp-content/cache/
    Disallow: /wp-content/themes/
    Disallow: /wp-content/plugins/
    Disallow: /wp-admin/
    Disallow: /wp-includes/
    Disallow: /wp-login.php
    Disallow: /wp-register.php
    Disallow: /images/
    Disallow: /imaging/

If this thread is not resolved because the suggested action did not work or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.