MarketPress + Membership 2 Pro: product pricing per membership

Hi guys!

I am looking to create a digital download store and integrate it with the Membership 2 Pro plugin so that non-members have one price and paying members have another (free for some downloads).

That sounds like the sort of thing your combinations of plugins can do but I cannot find a way. Am I missing something?

Thanks!
Arthur

• Arthur

Hi Jude,

I thought I remembered seeing this before! Well, I guess I'll have to work around it for now, probably with a protected page with free download links and a shortcode coupon for members.

Any idea when the integration will be done/released?

Actually, what I really want is a members' library so members can add to their collection (with Members having pre-populated libraries when they sign up), in the way that online training companies add stuff to their client area when they buy new courses. But I haven't found a way to do this in WordPress yet...

Cheers,
    Arthur

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Arthur, Michael here! :slight_smile:

Any idea when the integration will be done/released?

I wouldn't have a ETA for this feature presently, but thanks for asking!

Actually, what I really want is a members' library so members can add to their collection (with Members having pre-populated libraries when they sign up), in the way that online training companies add stuff to their client area when they buy new courses. But I haven't found a way to do this in WordPress yet...

With the mention of courses here, I'm curious, would something like CoursePress Pro pique your interest?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/coursepress-pro/

I ask because students would have a "Courses Dashboard", so the list of courses enrolled in would be available there. Given your mention of download links, your format may be different from what I have in mind?

Please advise,
    Michael

• Arthur

Hi Michael,

Sorry I never replied to this. I am actually using CoursePress, but on a separate network site, as a training portal. But as good as CoursePress is, it does't cater for personalised user libraries - I think it would be an overkill and too many clicks to set up a whole course just for a single PDF, for example!

However, now you mention it, I could always create a course with all the case study PDFs, and give certain memberships free access to it, so thanks for the suggestion.

For now, I am going with a simple protected page with links to the PDFs (possibly jazzed up with some icons..!) Actually, I've just had the thought that I could potentially use the custom post protection to protect the mp_coupon, so only certain members had access to the coupon - what do you think??

Thanks again,
    Arthur

p.s. if I may, I'll leave this unresolved until there is an update on MarketPress store/Membership 2 Pro integration

• Jude

Hey again @aahkendall

Actually, I've just had the thought that I could potentially use the custom post protection to protect the mp_coupon, so only certain members had access to the coupon - what do you think??

This may not be ideal as the CPT protection checks when the content is requested for display. It may still be possible for the mp_coupons to get applied if someone sends an AJAX request before checkout.

p.s. if I may, I'll leave this unresolved until there is an update on MarketPress store/Membership 2 Pro integration

By all means, also it will let other members chip in with feedback and can help accelerate the integration

Cheers
    Jude

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.