Marketpress Migration : Export & Import boutique settings

It says it all in the title .How can I ?
Thanks for your answer
Thierry

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello dubernet,

At this moment there is no tool in MarketPress that allows to export its settings to another site. That on would have to be done as whole database migration.
    Or if you feel comfortable with using phpmyadmin, you can find those settings using this sql command:

SELECT * FROM wp_options WHERE option_name LIKE 'mp_%';

For products export/import I would recommend to export the products with the WP All Export plugin:
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-all-export/

And import the products with WP All Import:
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-all-import/

Let me know if this will help.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello dubernet,

What to say bar to mention it is disappointing.

Our developers are aware that export/import is feature that is missed by many of our members and they are working on bringing it back (I cannot give any ETA at the moment, when this will be back).

Other problem . I exported the Marketpress Products from my integration site and imported them onto my live platform.
    It seems that I have lost all the prices and all the link to the product image . Do you know why?

My suspicion is that export did not contain all custom fields attached to the post type product and that is why it was not imported.
    Did you used this plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-all-export/ or standard WordPress export?

If you used WP All Export, then when creating export files you should use All available data (including all custom fields) to be exported.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• dubernet

Hi Kasia
    Thanks for your comments.
    The problem with your anwer is :
    1- it was the same answer 6 month ago so I kind of hoped it would be there by now and it is not . You have no dates and I start doubting you really work at that .
    2- You ask me to Buy a product that I do not know if it will solve the problem and also if I have the knowledge of using such product.
    Point is , I do not know Marketpress data model, and WPMUDEV says it is all simple and easy , but now that I have invested time and effort into Marketpress then I have to buy something that make me delve again into technical world !
    I am just trying to make an export there ! basic stuff !
    Do you have a proper data model that I need to know of , so I can use that tool to emulate a function that Marketpress should have ?
    I might Sound a bit cranky but I fill thwarted.
    I really appreciate your help though.
    Why, if I press Export Product on the wordpress standard interface , than I get no prices !
    What is your data model doing ?
    Can you give me your data model ? Can you give me a script to do an SQL export of the table, fields and columns I need to copy , clone from integration site to productive platform ? you must have that for sure ...
    What do you propose???

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello dubernet,

I'm sorry if I created confusion here with proposing WP Export All - this is free plugin, you don't need to buy it. Also it's version for importing WP Import All is also free and can be downloaded from wordpress.org repository. (yes, there is pro version of those plugins but it allows to import from rss feeds, but for import/export free version are enough).

Why, if I press Export Product on the wordpress standard interface , than I get no prices !

Because WordPress standard export doesn't handle custom taxonomies and custom meta fields - and all the data like prices, variations, product images are kept there.
    That is why we suggest using WP Export All, because that plugin allows you to export all the additional data that is not handled by standard WordPress export.

If you install WP Export All it will handle products export without writing SQL queries:
    1) In WP Export All click "Ne export" - it will ask you "First, choose what to export." - select there products

2) Then click "Customize export file" - by default you will see few fields on the list to export and here is place to choose all data to be added. In right column is "Available Data" - its divided to few sections, you can open each of them and from the top drag "All" to fields to export. So in Standard you drag "All standard", from Media "All media", from Custom fields "All custom fields" - drag all available data to be exported.

3) By default it will export to CSV file so you can next click "Continue" and the "Confirm and run export" and you will have your products exported to CSV file.

1- it was the same answer 6 month ago so I kind of hoped it would be there by now and it is not . You have no dates and I start doubting you really work at that .

I understand your frustration and at this point I can only sincerely apologize that this is still not ready. I know that this is option many of our members is awaiting for, but I'm not developer and now I can only propose workaround using the WP Export All plugin :slight_frown:

Can you give me a script to do an SQL export of the table, fields and columns I need to copy , clone from integration site to productive platform ? you must have that for sure ...

Unfortunately we don't have this kind of script prepared for products, but this SQL query should give you all setting for MarketPress

SELECT * FROM wp_options WHERE option_name LIKE 'mp_%';

you can run in the phpmyadmin and then export tables from result to sql.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello dubernet,

On your site parameters like price are in "Champs personnalisés". But there is definietly something wrong - on one of my local sites I got error about "You've reached your max_input_vars limit of 1000. Please increase this." and similar behaviour as on your site when you click export and nothing happen.
    Can you try export only with MarketPress and WP Export all enabled? If turning off plugins will not help then please try enabling debug.log - I suspect there might be similar error about max_input_vars and that would need to be increased to export all that fields (limit for max_input_vars depends on server).
    To enable debug, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

In order to enable the error logging to a file on the server you need to add yet one more similar line:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

In this case the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/directory.

Depending on whether you want your errors to be only logged or also displayed on the screen you should also have this line there, immediately after the line mentioned above:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

The wp-config.php is located in your WordPress root directory. It’s the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it. I would need then to see contents of the debug.log file - so please paste it to the text file and attach to post.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• dubernet

Hi Kasia
    I just get back on the issue.
    I have done all what you said.
    Only WP ALL EXPORT and Marketpress running.
    I had a look in the table with PHP admin ... no trace of mp_ parameters such as mp_price etc ...
    Here is what I had
    SELECT * FROM XmUyUxSf5_options WHERE option_name LIKE 'mp_%';
    gives the following result:

I see the problem with the max_input_vars limit of 1000 . I do not know how to increase it ( but I doubt it is necessary ) , have a look at the attached debug.log file .

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello dubernet,

Table wp_option will not have products parameters like price - those are kept with products (custom posts types that we try to export with WP All Export). Plugin settings will be in that table.
    Unfortunatley there is only
    [13-Sep-2016 12:32:44 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined index: options in /wp-content/plugins/wp-all-export/libraries/XmlExportEngine.php on line 904

in debug log, so that says nothing. Was this generated when you tried to export products and that failed?

Please contact your hosting provider and ask for increasing max_input_vars value. Also you can try increasing other memory limits https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/increase-memory-limit/ just to be sure we are not missing anything here.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.