Marketpress Mini cart in widget

Is it possible to have a minicart in a widget? I don’t want a floating cart but one in the menu.

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello haider ,

Hope you are well today and thanks for asking us. :slight_smile:

This is not possible by default but you may want to create widget for it by following instructions give on this codex document,

https://codex.wordpress.org/Widgets_API

You would find mini cart’s markup in the wp-contentpluginsmarketpressincludescommonclass-mp-cart.php file. It is exposed there as floating_cart_html function.

If these stuff seems confusion to you, please hire developer who can do this job for ya. :slight_smile: You can also use our Job Portal if you wish to. :slight_smile: https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

Hope this helps you. :slight_smile: Let me know if you have anything else to ask. :slight_smile:

Best Regards,

Milan

• haider
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thanks.

maybe that can be part of a Marketpress update. It seems like an obvious thing to include as not everyone wants a floating minicart.

Being able to have a minicart in the menu seems standard in most if not all other e-commerce solutions.

Haider

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Haider!

I think it’s a very nice idea so I’m moving this thread to our “Features and Feedback” forum where other members of WPMU DEV community can vote for it. If it gains significant support our developers would consider adding it to the plugin in future.

Best regards,

Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Haider!

It seems than that Nathan “widgetized” the cart which, more or less, does require similar action as described by Milan :slight_smile:

I already moved that thread to Features and Feedbak and hopefully more members of our community will support it, giving our developers an incentive to include that in one of the future versions :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Adam

• haider

Thanks Adam, great

Mind you if you go back a few years you will note a few people already requested this very same feature. The floating cart was a good start, just seems strange that the ‘standard’ was not considered as wise to offer.

On a different note I have been desperately holding off switching to Woo as I feel ‘bought in’ to Marketpress and have had high hopes. I am however starting to get some sense of defeat. My heart says MP but the market seems to be saying Woo.

Haider

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Haider!

I’m aware of the fact that there’s been a feature request for this long ago though that request was for a previous version of MarketPress. Since 3.x release MarketPress is based on a new code so those everything has to be written from scratch.

Having that said, I feel like I’m blushing ashamed… I’m not sure why that happened but we kept telling you that the widget would have to be created while it’s already there! The MarketPress includes both the shopping cart shortcode (which can be added to any post/page via the “Add E-Commerce Shortcode” WP editor button) and the “Shopping Cart” widget. The widget is available on “Appearance -> Widgets” page so you may easily drag&drop it to any available sidebars.

It’s basically the “mini cart” in a widget. You can set whether you wish to show product image, quantity and price or not and if it should be visible on store pages only or anywhere on the side.

I’m sorry for misleading you at first, I’m really not sure how I could forget about it :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Adam

• haider

But I tried that and it gave me the whole cart

Are you sure?

Although I have already done it using MP-Mojo with short code, can you guide me how to do it on Marketpress proper please.

A mini cart in menu/ shortcode showing as just: £0.00 ( 0 ) total price (No. of items)

Haider

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Haider!

But I tried that and it gave me the whole cart

So I’m now a bit confused :slight_frown: It does look differently, granted. However you can e.g. switch off images and add some custom styles and it’s not much different than the mini cart (floating cart). If I’m missing something here, please explain.

A mini cart in menu/ shortcode showing as just: £0.00 ( 0 ) total price (No. of items)

It worked properly on my setup when I tested it today but I did not tested it with any other plugins active and the MP-Mojo, just with Twenty Sixteen theme. I’m not sure how this is done in MP-Mojo but it’s possible that’s conflicting. Have you tried that, just for a test, with a different theme?

Best regards,

Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.