Marketpress multi site reports

Here’s a question,

I’m working on a network of online shops. It’s looking like I’ll be using one cart for the entire network and will be doing some accounting. Every 2 weeks or month (yet to be determined) I’ll be paying out the shop owners. Is there a way to get a network wide sales report?

The other way I was thinking of is doing something where each shop gets their own unique cart but it gets a little more complex. I need to take a percentage off the top then take another amount off the top. To give you some context, I’ll be working with a delivery company.

So when the client buys a product xx% goes to the store, xx% goes to me and xx$ (will be a set amount) goes to the delivery company. This is why I thought it might be easier to do everything in one account.

Any thoughts? Suggestions? Thanks guys.

• jason_hebert
    • Flash Drive

i found this post

I understand how 0 is the store owner and 1 would be netword owner. How would I go about adding a 2 for shipping? My php is at the moderate level. (i can usually grab code and slightly modify it but writing from scratch is something i’m not quite at yet.)

Would adding something like this work?

$nvpstr .= "&receiverList.receiver(2).email=" . urlencode($network_settings['gateways']['paypal-chained']['email']);
    $nvpstr .= "&receiverList.receiver(2).amount=" . $fee;
    $nvpstr .= "&receiverList.receiver(2).paymentType=SERVICE";
    $nvpstr .= "&receiverList.receiver(2).primary=false";

• jason_hebert
    • Flash Drive

I did what I did above only changed the $fee part to $shipping_price

I don’t know if it’s too complicated to add a 3rd paypal account but if I wanted to take the % off the top of the sale and take the shipping then if I simply added this line

$nvpstr .= "&receiverList.receiver(1).amount=" . $shipping_price;

Wouldn’t it do exactly that? Is there any way to test this in sandbox mode?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings jason_hebert,

Thank you for the additional input and I do not know what effect your change in code will have.

How much of this coding have you tested live all the way to the PayPal Payment screen? Where the price being shown is also the desired price?

You should be able to test this all the way to the PayPal payment screen going forward from there.

Can you get that far in live mode by any chance?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings jason_hebert,

Thank you for your input insulting as it is – I am developing several sites and projects – that makes me a indisputably a developer, and obviously you are developing a site, if not a developer what are you?

What we need is a coder, which in fact is the lead developer of this plugin, but this is indeed custom coding and not a current feature of the plugin therefore qualifying for the wpmu jobs for a coder to develop.

However, you do not need to take my word for it, I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings jason_hebert,

Thank you for your kind reply, I must have had a long day there, my apology for being unnecessarily critical and over sensitive.

I can assure you it normally takes a lot more then that to get me going … lol

I was under the impression that questions like this is why I’m paying 79$ per month for. Maybe I’m mistaken, and it’s just general support which I do have to say that I’ve been very happy with so far.

Here is our specific support mandate but we do try to help any way that we can if we do indeed know the answer regardless of the topic –> if we can!

So bottom line is if the support team can help we certainly will.

Cheers, Joe

• jason_hebert
    • Flash Drive

I’m positive if the developer who wrote the code saw this he’d have an idea. I was looking into fixing my problem a slightly different way. I tried to swap the 0’s for 1’s meaning the shop owner would get the percentage and I would get the rest then putting the percentage up to 90% for example. But I got an error that says ‘the principal account needs to be higher or equal to the secondary account’. So my next job will be to find where that rule is. If you have any ideas that would help

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings jason_hebert,

Thank you for your additional input and valid concerns.

I have indeed flagged our lead developer for his input on this post which our internal system confirms:

Marketpress multi site reports

To possibly help us get this coding snippet in order and hopefully he will make his way in here sooner then later to offer any assistance he can.

Thank you for your patience as we both wait for his input, but please be advised that he is the lead developer of all WPMU DEV developers and therefore his schedule is racked, packed, and stacked.

Cheers, Joe

• jason_hebert
    • Flash Drive

perfect thank you so much. I have an insane amount of work on this project so I’ll put this part on hold until I hear back. Worst case I’ll hire a developer to help me but I’m very much a learn it and do it yourself kinda guy.

Again thank you for all your help you’ve been great!

• Aaron
    • CTO

Chained payments supports multiple secondary receivers, so I think your code modification for adding a &receiverList.receiver(2) would probably work. Might need some finessing and debugging, but seems simple enough.

Yes you can fully test this all in sandbox mode. You will need to create and configure 4 sep sandbox paypal accounts, one for the customer, one for the store owner, one for you the network owner, and one for the shipper. Fun stuff, good luck!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.