MarketPress Multi Vendor Support

Hi,

Do you plan to add multi-vendor support to MarketPress? Whoever owns the blog should be able to add items to sell (like ebay).

Best regards,

Mustafa

• maslan
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I am sorry, I did not saw this post published so posted the same question as reply to your post.

I don't mean each seperate blog, I mean only one blog may have the subscribers enlist their products, or site owner/network admin may setup a speacial blog so all the blog owners may enlist their good to sell. It is something like open bazaar, garage sale.

Best regards,

Mustafa

• gina
    • The Bug Hunter

sounds more like you are looking for an auction type script.

marketpress creates a store for each vendor/seller that they are each able to make sales from individually and also the main site is able to showcase all vendor's products.

gina :slight_smile:

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya!

Okay, so you want to allow multiple vendors to sell products but without having their own site?

That is possible but you won't be able to portion the revenue out automatically - you'd have to do so manually, after the fact.

Alternatively, you could do so by using sub-sites and chained payments but in such a way that you are able to almost 'hide' the fact that you are using sub-sites.

To start with, you'd set up your network with MarketPress network activated and using chained payments. You'd also enable the global cart functionality.

Then, you'd use New Blog Templates to dictate the theme and settings to be used on each new vendor store. This makes sure that every single site looks like the main site and therefore appears more as one big site.

Then, using Admin Menu Editor you can hide everything except the ability to add and manage products from the vendors.

Going one step further, you could even change their permissions using Members so that all they are allowed to do is administer their products.

Hope that helps!

Phil

• deviantee
    • New Recruit

Thank you so much Phil.
    I was just about to give up too! But... is this really a good way to do this? Tons of copied files, databases etc will clog up the server won't it?

Please explain how to portion the revenue manually? Is there a good way to go about this?
    Also chained paypal payments won't work using this method, right? And even if it does I have no idea how to get a Application ID number because the instructions lead to nowhere.

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

I'm not sure what you mean by tons of copied files?

As for revenue, you'll have to just look at the order logs and then send the money to the vendor manually based on what share you want them to have of each sale.

No, chained payments only works with Multisite.

Phil

• deviantee
    • New Recruit

Hmm if you watch that video in that page - New Blog Template
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/new-blog-template
    Skip to :50 and you see he says the plugin will copy over all the settings... etc. Doesn't this mean that it will generate a heap of extra databases and files for each new site?

No, chained payments only works with Multisite.

Do you mean they work with single site only? because I enabled global cart and there is no chained payments.

Cheers
    Leon

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Each new site does create a host of new tables, yes and if that includes plugins which have their own tables then yes you'll get new tables for those too.

Nope, chained payments is for splitting revenue between sub-site admins using MarketPress so isn't available on single-sites.

Phil

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.