Marketpress - multiple digital downloads - Feature Request

I have a very specific usage scenario that I would like to be able to solve with a digital product.

I wonder if this a feature that could be built into MarketPress? If there was other demand.

Specifically I sell gift Vouchers and I'd like to be able to change the quantity and maybe customise a single field.

MarketPress doesn't allow for multiple orders of a downloadable product and this makes total sense from an ebook/mp3 well anything digital perspective.

But maybe if the digital product could have an autonumber field then we could buy multiples, so then in the case of gift vouchers, each could be £10 and a user could buy multiple.

Does anyone have any other ideas of how I could achieve this sort of thing? or even the best way to hire a dev to build this as an add-on to MarketPress without it breaking MP as it's updated.

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

hiya

thanks for posting. I have not heard of this type of specific request before, I will add this to the features & feedback section for assessment by the developers and other members who may find it interesting to add support to.

as far as customizing it, you might be able to find a developer to do this over at wpmu-jobs or tweaky.com

however, whether it can be achieved without it being broken during an update, I can't say for sure, but I Imagine an update would probably break it, not sure this could be done just by editing templates alone. But maybe it could be done as a seperate addon to marketpress, so it's installed like a plugin. it would depend on if the hooks are there.

hope this helps.

thanks.

• Dan Maby
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

+1 for this feature! @Revealwebdesign did you manage to achieve this? I have a very similar scenario that requires the ability to order more than one digital item and I'm going round in circles trying to accomplish it!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.