MarketPress: Multiple Emails

I am using MarketPress to build out a site for a self storage company that has 10 locations.

Each one has their own products listed on the same, parent site. How can I notify a particular user (store manager in this case) that an order has been placed without a site admin having to notify them?

• aecnu

Greetings visualnotion,

Thank you for the great question.

The way this would have worked and still may is if each company/location had its own sub site with Market Press networked activated in a MultiSite setting then they would have each had there own email and the main site would have the global products on it or use a theme like network to show the sub sites themselves in which they could follow through the the applicable site and products.

However, keeping with your current chosen format the first method mentioned would have been the way to go.

At this point though I do not know where you are in your development, it is my opinion it is still the way to go ~or~ alternatively you could see if there's a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute recoding the entire plugin to meet the need of a single install with multiple emails.

The only other possibility is using email forwarding - but that would send the same order to all 10 simultaneously.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• visualnotion

Hi, Joe.

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, this is one site that needs to list all products, etc. in one location versus having separate sites for each location.

Is there a workflow module that could be used to trigger emails when a product of a certain category is purchased?

I'm accustomed to Drupal so I'm having a hard time finding anything like Drupal's Rules module built for WordPress.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.