MarketPress; multiple languages & currencies

Hi!
I wish to use MarketPress in multiple languages and currencies. I can set up different PayPal accounts and attach them to banks that use each currency. I see currently the only solution with MarketPress is to create a store for each currency I wish to use? So my solution would be to have each store share the same product inventory. So as one store sells an item it would be deducted from the other stores as well.

1. Is there a way to have the same store use different currencies?

2. Can multiple stores use the same inventory?

3. Is there a solution I am overlooking?

10 Rep. points to the 1st solution that works. “No Work; No Points” Thank You!

• Mason

Whew, ok. Most of this I don't have a solution for at this point (though I'd love to have a few more rep points :smiley:)

Multi-lingual can be done through a WPML Module provided here:
    http://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/marketpress-and-wpml/

1. Is there a way to have the same store use different currencies?

At this time there is not. However, on checkout, most (all?) payment gateways should show you the conversion to your local currency before you click the final submit button.

2. Can multiple stores use the same inventory?

No. When you refer to inventory do you mean the actual #s available per product? Or just that each site has the same products? You could possibly use autoblog from here to pull the information from the main site's product RSS feed or use a plugin like this one:
    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/threewp-broadcast/

I haven't tried that with MarketPress, but in theory it should work as they're just custom post types.

Let us know how it goes for ya. Thanks!

• Mark Wallace

Thanks Mason!
    1. I did not receive the email notification of you responding. I know that has been an issue for some; so thought I’d report that.
    2. The payment gateways add extra fees for currency conversion, so I use separate banks and PayPal accounts for each country. Then transfer the money to the local bank and have international money orders mailed to me if needed; or just use it to invest in that country.
    3. It is for #s available per product? keeping stock in sync. So each store is really one store, just divided up for translation and PayPal process. Does the theory support this option? “autoblog” lol
    Thanks Mason
    i am checking the Be notified of follow-up posts via email now! just incase i missed it last time.

• Mason

Hiya,

1. I did not receive the email notification of you responding. I know that has been an issue for some; so thought I’d report that.

Thanks. We've had a few users report this and I apologize for whatever the issue is. We are looking into it.

2. The payment gateways add extra fees for currency conversion, so I use separate banks and PayPal accounts for each country. Then transfer the money to the local bank and have international money orders mailed to me if needed; or just use it to invest in that country.

Ok. Makes sense.

3. It is for #s available per product? keeping stock in sync. So each store is really one store, just divided up for translation and PayPal process. Does the theory support this option? “autoblog” lol

Neither of the options I mentioned above will provide the ability to sync things like inventory across all the sites. That's a pretty tough nut to crack as well.

You really need something custom that would allow all sub-site products to pull their inventory information from one central spot in the database - that way the inventory gets updated appropriately across the entire network when any sale is made.

I can't think of any other way to do it outside of rewriting the inventory section of MarketPress for this.

• Mark Wallace

Hi mason; Good to see you again.
    I didn’t get the notice again. I also subscribed to this thread, and didn’t get it. I see it will not let me subscribe again. <<< Not a compliant. I know you have been working on this with others. So figure any update may help.

*** I can't think of any other way to do it outside of rewriting the inventory section of MarketPress for this.***

I am going to find a work around for the moment, then see if I can find someone to rewrite it.

I will share my findings and the code when I find someone to rewrite it. Maybe you can then include it in the next update. lol I know it was just updated a couple weeks ago. lol By Mason!

• iv__n_otero

Hello,

I'm very very instered in the option of different currencies for my products.

For my website, I want to have products that can be bought with points (Cubepoints) and products that can be bought with money (EUR), or even both options for the same product.

It would be nice if we could have the option to give a single product a price in the currency that we want, and maybe it's not too hard the coding for that?

Thanks!!

• iv__n_otero

The improvements for me should be like this:

1) I can select cubepoints or real money as currency in "Product details" options when creating a product (where you can add variations)

2) I can select payment methods when creating a product, so I can remove cubepoints option and just leave money options available. Or just a checkbox to remove cubepoints payment option.

Since I don't need different real money currencies to work with payment methods, I think the coding should be really easy for this, right?? Just the option to set cubepoints price and real money price, and then available payment methods (so I can delete cubepoints payment option if I don't want that product to be sold like that)

I think that cubepoints payment option shouldn't be managed as real money!! Common sense I think! (specially when cubepoints itself has an option to buy points with real money)

Can you tell me if you could add something like this, or help me with that, or where should I look in order to try to do these changes by myself??

Thanks a lot.

• Mason

HIya @iv__n_otero,

That sounds like the right approach for what you're looking for. We don't have anything on the roadmap for this plugin that will do what you're looking for so custom development is going to be your best option.

If you're looking for someone to assist with that you can post up a project or search a few developer profiles right here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/

Thanks!

• Timothy Bowers

You could use a normal gateway and CubePoints?

1 point = £1 or equivalent currency.

People can even top up CubePoints with real cash to check out with.

Would be cool though if you could use points as a credit and then pay the remainder through another gateway. Maybe somehow convert points to an automatically applied coupon.

That part would require some custom coding though.

Thanks.

• ecowild

I'm also wanting to use a real currency and points on my store at one of my sites. Sort of like a way of rewarding members for participating at the site. I might just have to get custom work done if it isn't added to MarketPress in the near future. *sighs*

Did you get this coded? Can I buy a copy from you?

1 point = £1 or equivalent currency.

Not to be critical, but I think that would be impractical/pointless for most sites. Awarding someone £1 each time they posted in a forum? That would be a very popular site... but not for long. I guess we can all switch to the Hungarian Forint. :wink:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.