Marketpress, Multisite and Payment Gateways

i've installed marketpress on a multisite setup.

the idea is to have all stores check out via a payfast gateway.

however - when i enable the global store, i can only see a paypal express checkout.

how do i make the stores all see only my paypal checkout?

thanks.
:slight_smile:

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi again @Symi

If you really need to use PayFast, then that would require some custom integration as that gateway is not built-in to MarketPress.

However, PayPal is accepted in most countries:
    https://www.paypal.com/ca/webapps/mpp/country-worldwide

But enabling the global shopping simply allows users to add products from multiple sites in your network to their cart. They still need to check out from each site individually though.

• Symi
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi Patrick, Payfast's website offers the plugin (payfast.co.za) - so i can install it (it sucks when we do an upgrade though, as it chucks the plugin away i think.)

The trick with payfast is that it accepts our currency, which PayPal doesn't. People are iffy when it comes to paying in USD because of currency changes - you never really know what you're going to get charged until the charge is through.

OK - hang on a bit. they still have to check out per shop they bought from?

from the front-end, what's the difference then?

does paypal remember their credentials and put through multiple transactions or something without them having to type their details multiple times?

my client is quite happy to have all the shops on their "flea market" pay through their account, as they wish to have confirmation that the items are shipped before they allocate payment to the stalls.

then it sounds like the solution we need is not multisite, but a single site, where authorized shop managers can upload their own products, and we maybe differentiate between the guys via product category?

we were liking the idea of branding each "stall" in the market.

please give me some advice on how to roll this out?

Thanks for your time and your expertise!

Symi.

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi again @Symi

Thanks for the heads-up on PayFast's plugin for MarketPress! I had not seen that.

OK - hang on a bit. they still have to check out per shop they bought from?

Oh drat, I'm sorry. My answer was wrong. The global cart enables users to add products from up to 10 stores in your network, and checkout only once. PayPal handles the correct distribution to each store via their parallel payments API. More here:
    https://developer.paypal.com/webapps/developer/docs/classic/express-checkout/integration-guide/ECGettingStarted/

then it sounds like the solution we need is not multisite, but a single site, where authorized shop managers can upload their own products, and we maybe differentiate between the guys via product category?

If you prefer to use a single site, then yes, you could differentiate each vendor with different product categories. You could then even create templates for each category and style them differently. See marketpress/marketpress-includes/themes/Themeing_MarketPress for more on that.

However, if you also want single product pages to inherit the same custom styling as the corresponding product category pages, you'd likely need to get a bit creative with php conditionals.

If you would like shop managers to upload their products, but keep them out of the admin, this may interest you:
    http://mp-frontend.info/

• Symi
    • The Crimson Coder

Ahh bless you! Thanks for the feedback. That really helps.

I think the guys need to just cope with one specific look and feel to the site.

how do i limit a specific vendor to only be able to interact with one category of products?

short from buying an additional theme / front-end?

• Symi
    • The Crimson Coder

ooh - oooh, hear this plan.
    can't i create a blog site for each "stall"
    like - you know? yourblog.mysite.com

and then the marketpress still only runs on the main site?

that would be WIN!

how do i do that?

i have to enable marketpress only for the main site, yeah?
    but still create subdomains for each vendor?

*bouncing excitedly*

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

@Symi

You sure can!

Simply activate MarketPress on the main site only. It will still appear on the plugins page of sub-sites though.

However, if you also use Pro Sites, you can limit access to any plugin, including MarketPress, to anyone, any paid level, or even to "None".

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.