Marketpress Multisite: Display single product on the main site

Is there a way to display on the main site a product from a specific subsite by id? Thank you!

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Blast,

Thank you for the great question.

I would think it is possible as long as you have in the network admin dashboard settings the Limit Global Widgets/Shortcodes To Main Blog set to no and then using the [mp_product] shortcode as defined in the shortcodes tab located in the regular site admin dashboard of the store --> Products --> Store Settings --> Shortcodes tab

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• Blast
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello @aecnu and thank you for your help!

I tried it, but unfortunately it doesn't work. What I want to do:

Main site is store.com and subsite is store.com/sub. I want to display a product (id=x) from "sub" on store.com. Should the shortcode [mp_product product_id="x"] work globally if called in store.com?

Thanks for your time!

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Blast,

Thank you for another great question.

I am not sure if the coding will work on the main site though you have the syntax correct but this is not a global short code though it may indeed work since they are tapping the same database.

Example
    [mp_product product_id="1" title="1" content="excerpt" image="single" meta="1"]

Have you given it a shot to see if it indeed works?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• Blast
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello again Joe,

Yes, I have tried this, but it doesn't work. Any other ideas?

I'll try making a function with the substore name/id and product id as input and title, image, link, description etc as output.

Thanks!

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Blast,

OK I am at the limit of what I can possibly do here and information I can offer to help you on this one.

Therefore I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• Blast
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks Aaron! If anyone else wants this, I made it with the Global Product widget, displaying 1 product and limited by tag (unique tag on the product.)

Also, I have found a little bug:

When displaying a global product the excerpt_length doesn't work.

marketpress-ms.php: line 1369

replace $excerpt_length = apply_filters('excerpt_length', 55); with
    $excerpt_length = apply_filters('excerpt', 55);

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.