Marketpress - Multisite install does not provide page with download link or purchase info

So, I based a huge project on the capabilities of this Plug-in and am now getting my butt kicked. I am 30 seconds from researching other carts that can handle a Networking of WP sites with an effective shopping cart.

With a single site Marketpress install, I was able to charge users a fee via PayPal and then return them to a page with an invoice and a link to download their product on-site.

With a multi-site install, this is apparently not the case. While users can buy stuff across the entire network with one shopping cart, they don't get a 'receipt page' that provides info on all they purchased as well as the ability to download all of the files they bought.

Instead, they get a nice "thank you" page with no content or download links for purchased products whatsoever.

This worked beautifully with a single site install, so what is the deal now?

I convinced my client to pay for all of the services provided by MPMU DEV, based on my previous experience with support here, and am now preparing to eat a whole lot of fees, because what I thought was listed as being part of the product description does not actually seem to be the case at all.

The idea that I am unable to provide downloads for content sold across a WP Network makes the Marketpress claim to work with Multi-sites - um - BS? As well as useless for my client and I. I am 30 days from launch, and have been dealing with image sizing, color correction, etc. for over 3000 images. Silly me, I assumed the software would work for a multi-site install, and was worrying about 'bigger' issues.

PLEASE: I have checked this back and forth with a functioning single site install as well as all PayPal settings. I am unable to find any deviation between the settings in either Marketpress or PayPal. CAN a Marketpress multi-site with a PayPal account provide an end-page with available download links?

If this is not currently possible, please let me know now. If this is the case, I have wasted a great deal of time with Marketpress, and need to start over with a better cart ASAP.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings camparoo,

Thank you for bringing this significant issue to our attention.

After reading through your entire post twice I have seen the problem in the thinking as to what the issue is - because I can indeed purchase and get the download etc from a MultiSite Market Press install. Actually that is all I use is MultiSites.

The issue here which has been overlooked in your post is the Global Cart.

I am not saying that this is not an issue, but it is my opinion that you are misdiagnosing what the issue truly is, but it is a big issue just the same.

Therefore I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• Aaron
    • CTO

Instead, they get a nice "thank you" page with no content or download links for purchased products whatsoever.

Using a global cart creates a separate order for each store that's a part of that cart. And each order will be on it's own site with it's own orderstatus page. MarketPress will send out the new order email from each store in the cart with links to the downloadable products, as well as the orderstatus pages which also have the links.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.