MarketPress Multisite shortcodes?

Hello,

I'm looking for a list of the shortcodes I can use in a MarketPress Multisite setup. Specifically, I'm looking to show product categories from one store in another store, and other functions like that.

I can't seem to find a list of the shortcodes anywhere in the documentation. Could anyone give me a link or point me in the right direction? A list of general MarketPress shortcodes would be great, a list of the ones that just apply to Multisite would be even better.

Thank you very much,
Big Skinny

• aecnu

Greetings Big Skinny,

Welcome to WPMU Dev!

I can't seem to find a list of the shortcodes anywhere in the documentation. Could anyone give me a link or point me in the right direction? A list of general MarketPress shortcodes would be great, a list of the ones that just apply to Multisite would be even better.

Those would be found logged in to the admin dashboard --> Products --> Store Settings --> Shortcodes Tab and which I have copied below for your convenience:

Shortcodes allow you to include dynamic store content in posts and pages on your site. Simply type or paste them into your post or page content where you would like them to appear. Optional attributes can be added in a format like [shortcode attr1="value" attr2="value"].
    Product Tag Cloud [mp_tag_cloud] - Displays a cloud or list of your product tags. Optional Attributes »
    Product Categories List [mp_list_categories] - Displays an HTML list of your product categories. Optional Attributes »
    Product Categories Dropdown [mp_dropdown_categories] - Displays an HTML dropdown of your product categories. Optional Attributes »
    Popular Products List [mp_popular_products] - Displays a list of popular products ordered by sales.

Optional Attributes:

"number" - max number of products to display. Defaults to 5.
    Example: [mp_popular_products number="5"]

Products List [mp_list_products] - Displays a list of products according to preference. Optional attributes default to the values in Presentation Settings -> Product List.

Optional Attributes:

"paginate" - Whether to paginate the product list. This is useful to only show a subset.
    "page" - The page number to display in the product list if "paginate" is set to true.
    "per_page" - How many products to display in the product list if "paginate" is set to true.
    "order_by" - What field to order products by. Can be: title, date, ID, author, price, sales, rand (random).
    "order" - Direction to order products by. Can be: DESC, ASC
    "category" - Limits list to a specific product category. Use the category Slug
    "tag" - Limits list to a specific product tag. Use the tag Slug
    Example: [mp_list_products paginate="true" page="1" per_page="10" order_by="price" order="DESC" category="downloads"]

Single Product [mp_product] - Displays a single product according to preference.

Optional Attributes:

"product_id" - The ID of the product to display.
    "title" - Whether to display the product title.
    "content" - Whether and what type of content to display. Options are false/0, "full", or "excerpt". Default "full"
    "image" - Whether and what context of image size to display. Options are false/0, "single", or "list". Default "single"
    "meta" - Whether to display the product meta (price, buy button).
    Example: [mp_product product_id="1" title="1" content="excerpt" image="single" meta="1"]

Product Image [mp_product_image] - Displays the featured image of a given product.

Optional Attributes:

"product_id" - The ID for the product. Optional if shortcode is in the loop.
    "context" - What context for preset size options. Options are list, single, or widget, default single.
    "size" - Set a custom pixel width/height. If omitted defaults to the size set by "context".
    Example: [mp_product_image product_id="1" size="150"]

Product Buy Button [mp_buy_button] - Displays the buy or add to cart button.

Optional Attributes:

"context" - What context for display. Options are list or single, default single which shows all variations.
    Example: [mp_buy_button product_id="1" context="single"]

Product Price [mp_product_price] - Displays the product price (and sale price).

Optional Attributes:

"label" - A label to prepend to the price. Defaults to "Price: ".
    Example: [mp_product_price product_id="1" label="Buy this thing now!"]

Product Meta [mp_product_meta] - Displays the full product meta box with price and buy now/add to cart button.

Optional Attributes:

"label" - A label to prepend to the price. Defaults to "Price: ".
    "context" - What context for display. Options are list or single, default single which shows all variations.
    Example: [mp_product_meta product_id="1" label="Buy this thing now!"]

Store Links [mp_cart_link] - Displays a link or url to the current shopping cart page.
    [mp_store_link] - Displays a link or url to the current store page.
    [mp_products_link] - Displays a link or url to the current products list page.
    [mp_orderstatus_link] - Displays a link or url to the order status page.

Optional Attributes:

"url" - Whether to return a clickable link or url. Can be: true, false. Defaults to showing link.
    "link_text" - The text to show in the link.
    Example: [mp_cart_link link_text="Go here!"]

Store Navigation List [mp_store_navigation] - Displays a list of links to your store pages.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Member!

Cheers, Joe

• bigskinny

Ok, thanks for that, but you ignored the biggest part of my question. I'm looking for the codes that allow MULTI-SITE functionality. Ie, what shortcodes can I use to display a category or list of products from one site on the network, on another site?

I emailed support before I bought a membership, and they told me there were shortcodes for this functionality. Can you give me a link where to find them, or at least tell me what they are?

I've been messing with the shortcodes that you mentioned, the ones shown under Store Settings -> Shortcodes. But these don't work like I want them to - they don't allow me to list products from one site on another site.

Thanks again,
    Big Skinny

• bigskinny

OK - I found the list of global shortcodes by looking at the master control panel for Multisite and going to Settings -> Marketpress. This is the functionality I was looking for. The problem is, it isn't working.

I used the shortcode [mp_list_global_products] and also tried [mp_list_global_products paginate="1" page="0" per_page="10" order_by="price" order="DESC"] but both just display on my site as "No Products". If you navigate to the normal MarketPress Store page on the same site it shows my product just fine. It seems to be only the global shortcodes that don't work.

You can take a look at the page on my site with the shortcodes: http://walletwallets.com/sample-products-page/

That page will show "No Products", but if you navigate to Store -> Products you will see my products. How can I make the global shortcodes work??

Thanks again,
    Big Skinny

• aecnu

Greetings Big Skinny,

Lets start with the obvious. You have for example your shortcodes on the main site you choose that pulls products from the sub sites.

How many sub sites do you have with products?

It appears that you have one main site with one product - then there is no need for a global products shortcut because there is no globe, just one site - then use the shortcode for just one site.

[mp_list_global_products] - Displays a network-wide list of products according to preference.

You do not have a network, you have one site with one product on one site. Where is the network?

How can I make the global shortcodes work??

By creating a network of stores which does not include the main site which is not a network.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• bigskinny

It appears that you have one main site with one product - then there is no need for a global products shortcut because there is no globe, just one site - then use the shortcode for just one site.

Wrong, wrong, wrong. The site that I linked is in a network of sites. There is only one product for testing purposes - there will be many more. All of them will be sold from the main site, but the network sites will only sell from maybe 1 or 2 categories. Thus I needed shortcodes that can pull from the master list of products on the main site.

However, I was able to get global shortcodes working without your help. I found that all I had to do was add tags to the products, and now they are showing up when I call the global products list. A weird quirk, but I found the fix for it nonetheless.

• bigskinny

Another note for people using [mp_list_global_products] :

For whatever reason, the "paginate" option is ON by default - and it doesn't automatically create the rest of the pages needed, it just displays the default number of items for a paginated list, which is 20. So, using only the shortcode [mp_list_global_products] without any arguments will only display 20 products. To display all your products, you need to use [mp_list_global_products paginate="0"].

And again, I want to reiterate that [mp_list_global_products] will only display products that have tags associated with them. So if you're trying to use [mp_list_global_products] and no products are showing up, try adding tags to each product.

• aecnu

Greetings Pat,

Thank you for the great question but that was several months ago and a long time in the coding world and more then likely no longer relevant because Market Press has advanced many versions since then.

It would have been in your best interest to have started your own ticket then to have commented on one that old.

Are you having an issue by the way?

Please advise in a new ticket and we will dig right in.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member and have a GREAT upcoming weekend!

Cheers, Joe

• Timothy Bowers

Always best to create your own threads for tons of reasons.

+ If this member comes back for more help on his own threads, your posts could confuse matters as they evolve.

+ It's easier for staff to see what has been done or not done by each person on a thread without getting confused by another members actions.

+ It keeps it cleaner and easier for support staff to monitor and maintain.

+ Makes it easier for other members to read without other members seeing potentially multiple members in one post.

+ We don't monitor old threads directly and so your posts could be missed leading to frustration for you.

This thread has already naturally evolved from the original question of "where can I find the shortcodes" so before getting to your question a staffer would have to read the whole post to see where it's gone so far which isn't always efficient and thus slows support down for all.

Why do we need to tag the products in order to dispaly them with the shortcode [mp_list_global_products] ?

I just tested and didn't give the product a tag yet it worked as expected for me.

Cheers.

• Timothy Bowers

I'm not sure how you find me being helpful as unhelpful.

I gave you entirely valid reasons why a new thread should be made. It's simple, you hijacking someones thread can confuse issues and lead to slower support. We don't actively monitor old threads, it was your interests I had in mind there.

Anyway, I tested as you see above and it seems to be working for me on my install. So, not sure why it wouldn't for you but we'll be able to help in a new thread.

Cheers.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.