MarketPress: MultiSite Support for Stripe,Paypal Pro, and Authorize.net

we are running MultiSite v2.5.9.
however we dont see any options for these 3 gateways in the admin dashboard.

please advise. thanks

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello arturino,

I checked and was able to see all the gateways mentioned by you above in the Site Admin Dashboard. See the attached screenshot.

By any chance, are you trying to view it from your network admin dashboard ?

Please advise !

Cheers
    PC

• arturino
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Yes i am viewing it via Network Admin, because we have a MultiSite setup.

So why are these options not a global setting?
    Do they need to be configure individually for all 100 sites? i hope not.

please advise. thanks

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya @arturino,

The purpose behind a Multi-site MaretPress setup is to provide for multiple stores. Each sub-site becomes a unique store with it's own checkout capabilities. The "global" cart provides a way for you to do split payments between the main-site store and other stores.

In both cases, the idea is that you have multiple stores (which means separate gateway credentials for sites). This is why there's no Network setting across the board for all sub-sites.

If you have the same gateway settings across all sites you don't have multiple stores, you have one store. With one store, there's no reason to do multisite. You can instead create separate hierarchies, designs, and other content-specific settings all on a single-site installation.

Does that help? Let us know. Thanks!

• arturino

yep i get that. however we also need to have many vendors ( 1 for each store )
    and they need that ability to :

1 - upload and manage their individual products and see sales.
    2 - as the admin, i need to run a report for each vendor every month..and pay them their % of sales.

Can a single store install do all that?
    if so please advise how to set that up.

thanks!

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya @arlturino,

Thanks for clarifying :slight_smile:

we also need to have many vendors ( 1 for each store )

Just to be clear - each store has it's on gateway credentials, correct? If that is the case then multisite is the option for you.

1 - upload and manage their individual products and see sales.
    2 - as the admin, i need to run a report for each vendor every month..and pay them their % of sales.

The first item can be done on a single site or multisite. However, the 2nd item you're looking for is not the way MarketPress is intended to work. MarketPress allows you to take a percentage of each sale (via PayPal). The reason for this is that it leaves the individual stores to be responsible for things like shipping and other tasks such as refunds.

If MarketPress paid out to the main site first and then to sub-sites a percentage you'd also be responsible for all shipping, returns and any other e-commerce related tasks.

We're working on creating affiliate tracking into MarketPress at the moment. Once this is in place you could have a single-store (with your own gateway credentials only) and allow folks to browse items by author. Basically each author page would be a listing of all items for that particular person who uploaded their items.

Each person would create and edit their own products only.

Hope that helps. Thanks!

• arturino

ok it sounds like the new Affiliate feature is EXACTLY what we need.
    What is your ETA for that?

Meanwhile, we need to launch asap - what do you recommend for us now?
    Should we stick to our MSite or port everything into a Single site?
    Im assuming the benefits of single site is the added Gateways? cause we dont see how we can setup those gateways for a global checkout using MS.

thanks

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

The decision to go with multi-site or not is completely based on whether or not you have multiple gateway credentials to provide for.

Do you have 2 Stripe accounts? or 2 Authorize.NET accounts? The moment you have more than one for actually taking payment you need to go to multisite.

If you are charging everything through one gateway account and paying out an affiliate fee separately, you can do this through a single site. I'd recommend it as you have one checkout process.

The downside to this is that we don't have the Affiliate function built into MarketPress just yet. It's in active development but we don't provide ETAs. We have one of our developers assigned to it and it's near the top of his list so sooner rather than later :slight_smile:

So, if you need to launch this today we don't have a complete solution that fits your exact criteria. You could build a single-site install and manually track your payouts per author. Or you could ask a developer to put something custom together for you.

We've had others take steps to make this happen previously on the forums. You can even take a look at their work here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/affiliates-and-marketpress#post-191491

Our job boards - if you're interested in hiring someone to do a custom project for you:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/

Thanks!

• arturino

Mason,

We just have 1 Gateway.

We already setup a MSite with 30 affiliate sites + 1 main site for a global checkout using Paypal.

This seems to be working fine - it makes 1 main payment to the super admin.
    via Paypal Express Global Checkout Global Cart

Question:

1 - Should we port all these sites into 1 Single site? if so, what are the benefits?
    2 - If we stay with the MS, can we easily port this to the Affiliate Framework when it is released?

thanks again!

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

I would say based on the fact that the current solution is working and that some affiliate integration might be exactly what you need you should stick with a multi-site installation.

Do you have a link to your current site? I wanna be sure I understand the way you have things setup before making the above my final recommendation.

Thanks!

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya @arturino,

Apologies for the delay, I was away at a conference for several days.

I did take a look at the site and firstly, what a very fun and interesting idea. I love the graphics and typography you're using there - very original.

The easiest path for you right now is gonna be to continue on with Multisite. We've got folks working on the Affiliate feature. Are you paying out to your vendors to their own paypal addresses? If so, the chained gateway may be a good step to use until we have the proper affiliate integration completed.

Thanks!

• arturino

Thanks Mason for taking the time to look deeper at this. and thanks for the compliment! We hope this idea will become very viral and change how people think of Art.

re: paying vendors

yes right now we use their paypal accounts for the payouts..
    but from my research Chained Payments only pays for up to 10 accounts.
    So in the small case that someone has a big order from various affiliates- it wont work im assuming. So for now we are going to pay them manually ( shrug )

Will the affiliate feature you guys are working on at least help automate this with Reporting? Then maybe i can custom create a mass-payment plugin for paypal.

thoughts?

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya @arturino,

Also will it be possible to use PayPal's Chained Payments with our Global Cart?

We don't allow for this precisely for the reasons you state above. PayPal has a limitation of 10 splits on any one transaction. Since each item would be split between yourself and the sub-store that means 5 items would be the max (if each item was from a different store).

It's a bummer and really annoying, but there's nothing we can really do on our end to get around this. Which is one of the reasons we're working on the affiliate system - which will create an automated report for you and masspay file which you can submit through PayPal to pay all your affiliates at once - which will save some time at least :slight_smile:

Hope that helps. Thanks!

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

hehe,

if you can produce it in the next 2 weeks i would be happy to send you guys some customized artwork gifts :wink:

Well, I'd love some customized artwork, but it's really just a matter of having "time on task" so to speak. I'll let the developers know that this is important to you (it's important to a few other folks as well). Development is already well underway.

Thanks!

• arturino

@aecnu Glad to hear there's an update.

Just curious if this functionality has been added to it:

" create an automated report for you and masspay file which you can submit through PayPal to pay all your affiliates at once "

and if not - what is your timetable for this?
    thanks!

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings arturino,

Though I am not the lead developer for the affiliates plugin, I would have to say that this has not yet been integrated in and that since this is the first ever attempt to add affiliate tracking to Market Press, it will probably be quite awhile of testing in the real world of the way it is before the lead developer starts adding more functions.

But to make sure your request is heard, you would want to make make a plugin and request here and you have my +1 already :slight_smile:
    http://wpmudev.uservoice.com/

The more popular a request is and the more votes it gets, the more likely it will be considered.

It might have already been suggested. It is worth a quick search to add your votes before submitting a new suggestion.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya @arturino,

This is actually part of the affiliate plugin by default, so it's still included.

You define a percentage for affiliate payout through the payments tab in MarketPress>Settings. Then a percentage of each transaction is recorded and attached to the individual affiliate.

From the Affiliates>Reports screen you can choose the option to export a masspay file which allows you to pay everyone through paypal quickly and easily.

Hope this helps!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.