Marketpress not sending confirmation email with digital download link after purchase

I'm using Marketpress with Wordpress Multisite and the Simplemarket theme. I am selling both physical and downloadable products (pdf files). I can go through the checkout process just fine - payment is processed and everything (I'm using paypal express), but there is no link on the confirmation page for the downloadable products, nor do I receive an email with the downloadable products (I receive no email at all, just the receipt from Paypal. Nothing from MP). Unfortunately, I can not post the link to my website 'cause I am using my local server and MAMP to build my site. Any insights as to what might be causing the problem are greatly appreciated.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Ynattirb,

but there is no link on the confirmation page for the downloadable products

Since I cannot have a URL, can you please supply a screen shot of the confirmation page?

nor do I receive an email with the downloadable products (I receive no email at all, just the receipt from Paypal. Nothing from MP)

This could be because you do not have an email server configured on your server or more then likely because your ISP - QWEST is blocking the ports that send email from your server.

Looking forward to seeing that screen shot.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Member!

Cheers, Joe

• Ynattirb
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Here is a screenshot of the the confirmation information that appears after purchase.

Also, I created a coupon and though MP accepts the code and applies the discount, the final purchase doesn't reflect the new price. I confirmed with Paypal that the purchase is not discounted.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Ynattirb,

There was not a tracking link under your order(s) for 1 stores(1) in your above screenshot?

Is this screen shot above a physical or digital product?

Regarding the coupon code, is there any chance you inserted the code in the Have a coupon code? box when have a coupon code is clicked as shown in screen shot below, then update cart which updates the price before proceeding to final checkout/PayPal?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• Ynattirb
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

The screenshot is for a digital product. There definitely was no tracking link under the text displayed in the screenshot. Also, yes I did enter the coupon code and then clicked on "update cart." The total changes, but the new price is not reflected in Paypal and though it does display in the final checkout page, the payment goes through at the non-discounted price ultimately. Attached are some more screenshots of the checkout pages.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Ynattirb,

Though you will not like the answer but it is my opinion and the truth be known that all of your current issues including the PayPal issue are stemming from your "localhost" install to include not having a domain name and a real host.

Here is a link for a 10 day free hosting trial and even if you use it for the ten days with a real domain name you will find all these issues you have mentioned above will disappear immediately.
    http://freegiftsgiveaway.com/freetrialsservices/web-hosting-10-day-risk-free-trial/

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• Ynattirb
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Joe,
    I actually like your answer a lot. If all the issues I'm having will be resolved when I upload the site to my remote server, then that is great. I will be ready to test it soon. I'll let you know if that takes care of all the issues.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Ynattirb,

Thank you for letting me know :slight_smile:

The support team including myself will be ready and able to deal with any issues you may have when you go live - though of course we hope that is zero :wink:

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.