[MarketPress] Not sending order confirmation emails

I am trying to set up MarketPress on one of my multisites, and I did a sample purchase but I didn't get any emails letting me know that I ordered something, i.e. the order confirmation email.
We have made sure that other emails in the site (e.g. password reset, WP user registration emails) are working fine. Please advice.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Brianna

I hope you're well today!

I checked the site and I can confirm I didn't receive e-mail but also I noticed that there's a WP SMTP plugin active on site and it actually returns error messages.

It's network-enabled so I didn't try to disable it as I don't know if it's used on other sites or not. Can I try disabling it? I'd also like to install some e-mail logging plugin to see what might be happening there.

Would you please confirm if I'm allowed to do both these things?

Also, if I correctly understand the issue affects only this specific sub-site but not other sub-sites, correct? Where there any significant changes made either to that sub-site or to entire Multisite recently, right before you noticed the problem? If yes, what were they?

Best regards,
    Adam

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Brianna,

I have installed email logging plugin on your site and wanted to create new subsite where I could do some testing but I couldn't get it to run at all.
    I can see that your other subsites are working but that they all also have top level domain set.
    So I'm wondering how is your network installation configured since subdomain subsites aren't working there?
    Do you have wildcard configured for your network?

I have also tested product ordering and I didn't receive an email, however, I also tested changing password of that user and creating a new one from the backend, and I didn't receive any of the emails from there, and if you check the email logs plugin you can see that each email had an error.
    I tested user creation on main site as well and that email did get sent, so it looks like this is an email issue on your subsite and not related to MarketPress itself.
    Can you try disabling all the plugins on that subsite and see if the emails are being sent when a new user is created after that?

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.