Marketpress not showing detail product page with all details on Scribe theme

Marketpress not showing detail product page with all details on Scribe theme.

Here is what works (and what not) in the video:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzG5hZRbs1TdeGFrbXdTeFE5eTA/view?usp=sharing

At the detail product page only the title of the product is shown.

Plus when the archive product page is called by the drop-down picker of the products page for a certain category – again – many product details are missing from the search results.

Support access active as of today.

Thx.

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello Nick , I hope you are doing well today!

Unfortunately, the MarketPress is not entirely compatible with Upfront themes yet. The Marketpress compatibility is still in ongoing progress, and I can’t provide an ETA.

The good news is that the Upfront 1.5 is compatible with WooCommerece plugin. Once you install the plugin, the product that you have already created with the MarketPress will be there, you just need to add the prices again.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Kind Regards,

Nastia

• Nick
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Dear Nastia

You were quick as always – kudos for this.

I did what you suggested – I notice some hick-ups but things look that they will be ok very soon :slight_smile:

Now for the serious part: I am a bit puzzled here concerning the situation on the marketpress plugin.

And my reasoning is simple: There is no mention anywhere for this: that marketpress does not work with any of the WPMUDEV themes!

The same situation is for coursepress, where you have to manually replace (any) other theme with its own which is “hidden” somewhere within the plugin physical directory ….. again this I found out somewhere in the support forums …

Which brings me to the only question that is left: does marketpress work with any other wordpress theme? (by “works” actually meaning tested).

Are there any themes that we know 100% that marketpress works ok?

A few examples would be very handy for the people from our community that, for any reason, still want to use the plugin before it is compatible with the WPMUDEV themes.

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hello Nick,

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

The MarketPress plugin should work on all WordPress standard themes. It is not possible to test each plugin with each theme out there. But I tested it on default WordPress theme TwentySixteen theme and it worked 100% on it. You might need to modify the look and feel of the plugin according to your requirements though.

Also, one of our member created MarketPress specific theme and plugin that you can checkout over here:

http://www.marketpressthemes.com/

Regarding the usage guide and documentation, yes I agree that its not so thorough. However we are working on upgraded documentation that will be out soon.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,

Sajid

• Nick
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hello Sajid

First and foremost thank you for your quick reply :slight_smile:

It is nice to know that marketpress works with TwentySixteen.

I also know that if I get in trouble with any of the other standard themes I have your great support to cover me so this particular thread is resolved for me :slight_smile:

To make things clear: I never asked you to test marketpress with all the themes.

My opinion is, though, that before marketpress is compatible with WPMUDEV themes it would be very useful to know that it is tested with. at least, a few themes that works 100% (this is a standard practice with WP plugins and themes as you know).

It is also good to know http://www.marketpressthemes.com/ which are great themes for an extra buck – which seems to worth it cause they look very nice and professional.

Have a wonderful day

Nick

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.