marketpress not storing order info

@Vaughan and @Tyler Postle I am now having a new problem that I just noticed. Since the last update, the marketpress plugin does not seem to be storing the data correctly in the database. It does not seem to be storing any of the customers data, i.e. Name, email, city, etc. I have looked in the database and on the recent orders, the information is missing. I am not sure why this would be, or if this is a problem that you are aware of already, but I wanted to bring it to your attention. The orders, minus the customers information, does display in the backend under orders though.

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hell @CapitolSocial, I hope you are well today!

MarketPress doesn't use any external DB tables, it uses WP's core post type structure and meta field to store the data. In case you wish to export your data, you may use the importer/exporter tool.

I hope this helps! Let us know if you require any further assistance!

Kind Regards,
    Nastia

• CapitolSocial
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

I understand that. And when i export all data related to the mp_order custom post type, there is no customer information. It stores the product information and total paid, but no name, email, address, or any of that information. It seems as though the customer information is no longer being sent to the database.
    Let me know what information you may need to figure this out, and I can get it to you.

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello @CapitolSocial, I trust this message finds you well!

I just tested it on my site, exported the order from Tool > Export and I see in the .xml file, the customer information in
    [mp_shipping_info]
    and
    [mp_billing_info]

If you do not see these meta keys, would you please grant access to your site so I can have a look?
    May I ask for permission to disable plugins?
    You can grant access fro your Dashboard > WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access tab.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Please post here once you do.

Happy holidays!

Kind Regards,
    Nastia

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @CapitolSocial,

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Its stores customers details in users meta table and post meta tables of mp_order post type.

It does not store information for any order or for specific orders ? Also when its started happening, I mean after plugin update or changing any settings ?

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Sajid J

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @CapitolSocial,

To make sure its not a bug, I have tried to reproduce this issue on my own test site but its working fine for me. Its saving billing information as well as shipping information of the order. I conducted the test with MarketPress 3.0.0.7, WordPress 4.4, using default TwentySixteen theme and only WPMUDEV Dashboard & Easy WP SMTP plugins were enabled.

I then tried to place a test order on your site and could reproduce this issue on your site. It appears that there is some kind of conflict on your site with other plugin or theme (Divi is very famous for conflicts). You can find more details about plugin conflict test on our getting support manual.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

Kind Regards,
    Sajid J

• CapitolSocial

ok. so did you go into the back end of the site and look at the plugin to see if there was something wrong? Also we just had a report from a user that there was some weird behavior on a macbook pro. The user said that it kept giving him an error that his cart was empty, and when it did let him finally go through the process, it sent a confirmation message that said that it couldn't process the payment because there was nothing in the cart. We checked and the payment still went through. Any ideas?

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @CapitolSocial,

Yes, I checked that, the settings seems good. Did you checked the plugin/theme conflict, as requested in my last reply ? If no then please run a conflict test and let us know.

For cart issue, please start a separate thread so we can assist you there. Its helps us manage each issue in its own ticket and also helps other members find an answer looking for same solution in future.

Hope that helps! If you still need assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.

Kind Regards,
    Sajid J

• CapitolSocial

Hi Sajid,

Many thanks for responding, but we have already left MarketPress - just too many issues and VERY unhappy clients we risked losing. We happen to like our DIVI theme, and if it tends to have issues with WPMU plugins, then its good we are weaning ourselves off your plugins. WooCommerce works fine and its free...it also allows us to see who purchased products and to download lists, something that is very important to event coordinators. I have requested this functionality from WPMU, but with no results.

Again, thank you for getting back to us.

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @CapitolSocial,

I am sorry to hear our plugin did not worked for you so well and hate to see you go this way.

Thanks for trying WPMUDEV and best of luck for your projects.

Kind Regards,
    Sajid J

• duffy_betterton
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I am also have this problem. I thought we had it solved in this thread
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/order-admin-detail-page-is-blank
    but today we received an order on one of our sites - Grounds2Give and there is no information in the order admin screen. I was able to find the product purchased info in the XML - thank goodness. It is embarrassing enough that the customer gets a jacked up email with a list of every type of coffee we offer much less that we would need to ask them what they ordered from us! Yikes.
    This was supposed to only be for the orders that were place before the update but I can see that I am not the only one with issues still going on.
    Please help. I have several sites set up with Marketpress but if I can't get this issues resolved I will be forced to move onto WooCommerce.

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello duffy_betterton, I hope you are doing well today!

Thank you for posting it here.
    I have created a new ticket regarding this issue. That way it will remain independent of this one and ensure it doesn’t confuse issues here if this thread needs reopening again by the author.

Let's move our conversation here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/order-information-in-marketpress-ecommerce-is-blank?replies=1#post-1039784

Would you please grant a support access so we can have a look?

Kind regards,
    Nastia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.