MarketPress Not Working on WP Mobile View

So, I have Marketpress (the pro version) and I am also using the JetPack Mobile View. We are unable to purchase items through mobile view, which is bringing down our sales rates. I also using another Mobile View Plug In and it still did not work. Please let me know if there is anything I can do on my end or if you guys need to do something. Thank you

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings momatlast,

Sorry to see that you are having an issue with your WordPress installation and the Market Press plugin with the JetPack Mobile View.

What is the URL to the site in question?

Have you tried the latest release version 2.8.5 which contains several fixes?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings momatlast,

Thank you for the additional input and details which are certainly appreciated.

I visited and tested both sites and the cart functioned as anticipated and the items are indeed in the carts ready for checkout.

In the testing of both sites (Firefox or Chrome control+shift+J) both stores show errors that appear to be related to the social stuff and not relative to this specific item, but errors just the same that you will want to eventually resolve.

Are you running caching on the WordPress installation in question by any chance?

Are you using two completely different browsers for developing and testing? i.e. Firefox for developing and Chrome for testing and dumping the caching and cookies of the test browser before each test?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• momatlast
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Okay, well we were testing it using our iPhones to see if it works and it doesn't. Safari is the browser for iPhones, so I am not sure if Marketpress is optimized for that.

I was able to place an item in my cart, but when I try to move over to the cart, my items disappear. That was on my Kindle Fire, HD which is Android based.

Do we need to have cookies enabled to have the order stay in the cart for mobile?

I hope this answers your question.

Oh, I have tested it on my Google Chrome via my PC and it works fine, but it seems to not want to work on mobile devices like phones or tablets.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings momatlast,

Thank you for the additional input and clarification.

I must admit since I do not own any of those devices you are testing with i.e. mobile or tablets I will indeed need to call in the lead developer for his input and testing into this particular item.

Thanks again for bringing it to our attention.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings momatlast,

With the lead developers last post, it appears this particular topic is now resolved/closed, if you need any further assistance please let us know.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.