Marketpress on Multi user site

I want http://www.vrijeverkoop.nl to be a webshop that can be used by several users. I installed MarketPress, Multi-user etc.

Each user should be able to add products and should only be able to edit or delete his own products. Visitors can E-mail the shopowner!?

I have tried all possibilities from author to... etc

I also have 'problems' with the permalinks and I do not have a nice productpage etc. After saving Store Settings\Presentation no productpage was created?? etc etc

To be short: it is still a mess.

BTW: Something like Etsy would be nice.

Can you help? I could mail you the login?!

Kind regards,

Ruud Wiering

• aecnu

Greetings Ruud Wiering,

Welcome to WPMU Dev!

Lets start from the top.

You have a MultiSite that you have indeed installed Market Press on and you are wanting to have a single store where multiple users have access to the same store?

Please advise so that I may get a feel of what you are trying to do.

If this is in fact an Etsy type site and single as mentioned above you are indeed going about it the wrong way.

Cheers, Joe

• hpidriver

Yes you will need to use the Multisite. The way that each user maintains their own products is by having their own blog within your Wordpress site.
    Some additional plugins that will help you achieve an Etsy like selling network include (but not limited to):
    - Pro Sites (to charge users)
    - New Blog Templates (to design the layout for member's new stores)
    - Multisite User Management (will let you share users amongst your members stores)
    - Limit Blogs Per User (so that members can only open one store)

Also, within Marketpress itself, you will want to take advantage of the global widgets and shortcodes that will let you show products from all your members in one place.

• aecnu

Greetings Ruud Wiering,

Now that we know the goal I agree with all that hpidriver said plus if you want a commission from the stores vs. flat rate monthly you will need to go with the chained payments and go through the PayPal x.com application process to make that happen.

If you are going to go flat rate per store then this becomes irrelevant regarding the chained payments application.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• CGAdmin

Is it kosher to jump onto this question and add my own caveat?

I am in a similar position to Ruud in the sense that I am developing a site with the capability for numerous individuals to have their own store. However, I have determined that multisite adds more problems than it solves for every other aspect of my site with exception to the multiple store concept. Is it possible to have multiple "stores" within a single instance of WP/MP (i.e. non-multisite)? Perhaps through the use of a custom meta tag or similar?

• aecnu

Greetings CGAdmin,

Thank you for the great questions but unfortunately the answer is no - not considering heavy custom coding because I have learned that anything is possible when one is a competent coder with a vision and the will to get it accomplished - and I am not a coder.

This can only be accomplished with a MultiSite because it creates a sub site for each member to manage there own products.

Cheers, Joe