Marketpress Only Sending Notification To WP Admin

Is this by design, or is this an error? If I go into the notification settings and use an email that isn’t the WP admin email, notifications do not get sent on new orders to the customer or the intended shop manager. If I change the notification email address to the WP admin everything starts working again.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Joshua,

I’m afraid I can’t replicate this on my site – both addresses: clients and one in notification got emails about new order. And I have for sure different email setup in the General Settings.

Because it looks like site specific issue please run a quick plugin conflict test as illustrated in getting support manual (flowchart). Let me know how it goes.

http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

if that will not give positive results would you mind allowing support access so we can have a closer look at this?

To enable support access you can follow this guide here:

http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

kind regards,

Kasia

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Joshua,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

It seems like you are using a live payment gateway, and hence I’m afraid there isn’t any easy way to check how notification emails work in your system. Is it possible to switch to a sandbox mode, and then we could make a test order, to see how that goes?

Did you run plugin/theme conflict test as mentioned by Kasia, did that help? Please do let us know whether it’s possible to switch from Stripe Live to Sandbox, so that we could help get this sorted asap. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Best Regards,

Nithin

• Joshua
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

The gateway is now using test keys, so you can use CC# 4111 1111 1111 1111 and any future date for the expiry. I’ve deactivated the non-WPMU plugins during testing to no avail. I’ve also gone through and deleted many of the unused plugins that have been sitting around deactivated just in case. Also changed the email in the WP General Settings and used that email in MP Notifications which still didn’t work. Only scenario that works is when everything is set to my email address.

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Joshua,

Thanks for granting Support Access. I logged in and found that your WP General Settings email is set as “info@sy**********uy.com” and in MarketPress notification, the Notification Email is set as “melody@sy*********uy.com”. So different emails are being used in these two sections and according to your description, notification email should not go.

Now, I created a test user on your site and tried to purchase a product. Surprisingly the notification email came to my inbox after the purchase. Please check the attached screenshot for reference.

[Screenshot removed on request]

So I think, your email notification system is working absolutely fine. Am I missing anything here?

Please let us know what you think about this. I’m looking forward to hearing from you and resolving this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!

Rupok

• Joshua
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

I tested the notifications after you did yours, and also got the order notices as client and order manager, however once I changed the notification email to what it is supposed to be everything stopped sending again. Can you test it with the current settings? Also, your screenshot left one email unblurred, so can you blur it too or remove the image? tks

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Joshua,

Thanks for the clarification. I tried to login with Support Access once again but when I tried to login with Support Access this time, it took me to a 404 page. Please check the attached screenshot for reference.

Did you change anything on your server which could be causing this? Can you please try revoking and granting permission once again so we can test this notification think with your current settings?

Please confirm here when you are done regranting Support Access. I'm looking forward to hearing from you and resolving this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!

Rupok

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Joshua,

Thanks for regranting Support Access. This time I could regenerate this issue on your site.

Not sure why your hosting mail server is not sending emails from gmail address. Can you please install, activate and configure the following plugin to send all your emails through SMTP and check if this issue gets resolved? https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-mail-smtp/

I believe this will resolve this issue. If it doesn’t, please let us know. We will be glad to investigate further.

Have a nice day. Cheers!

Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.