Marketpress out of stock

Hi,
I was wondering, I have buddypress and marketpress installed, do you have to be signed in to shop in the stores?
If you are not signed in, and try to add something to the chart, it says out of stock. I have also tried logging in with a user account, and the same thing happened. It seems it only works when I am logged in as the super admin?
Here is a link
Also if I have added something to the shopping chart as super admin, and then log out, I can then go ahead to paypal to pay!

• Fondeli

I have another question about marketpress, thought I would add it to this one.
    Where would I find the marketplace page to edit it. I would like it to have 3 columns but it is the default template, but I can't seem to figure out where I can change this. Or even to add widgets etc. It is not listed as one of the pages. I added a marketplace page with 3 columns, but when I choose this page in the menu it goes to the default one as above.

• Mason

Hiya Fondeli,

Sorry you're having trouble, nice looking site though! :smiley:

I set up a test install with the Scholar theme, BuddyPress 1.2.7, MarketPress (latest alpha) and as a visitor was able to add an item to my shopping cart and not have the "out of stock" notice.

However, I went to your site and saw the issue happen for myself. It's gotta be something in the settings (such as inventory as mentioned by heading). Can you tell us exactly which versions of the above plugins you're using and try deactivating any others?

Also, I noticed your store page has a three-column layout. Were you able to get the page template working as you wanted?

Thanks!

• Fondeli

Hi masonjames,

Thanks for taking a look! :slight_smile:

Here are the versions I have: Scholar 3.4, marketpress 1.04, buddypress 1.2.6.
    I have checked the inventory, and there is definitely stock there. I have it set up for paypal sandbox.

I do have a fatal error on one of my sites: "Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in /home2/fondelif/public_html/wp-content/plugins/marketpress/marketpress.php on line 342" but as all other sites are working I just ignored it.

Do you mean to deactivate all plugins site wide, or just on that site with the store?

The marketplace page you saw on the home page is just a page I created with the products shortcode. But selecting a category brings you to the default page again, I would like to keep all that in the 3 column layout, is there a way to access the marketplace template to change the layout?

Thank you!

• Mason

Hiya Fondeli,

There's a couple things we can try.

First, as our setup are the same, I'm wondering if some other plugin is conflicting somehow. For instance, I see you have the group-wiki plugin installed and it's throwing a javascript error. That may be the issue right there. So, disable this plugin and then with the adding to shopping cart again.

If that doesn't work, try disabling all plugins (except for BuddyPress and MarketPress of course) and adding to the shopping cart. If it works, re-enable each plugin and test the shopping cart until you've found the culprit. Then, write the developer and let them know what's up!

If, after disabling all plugins you STILL cannot add an item to the shopping cart, we may need to look at reinstalling MarketPress. You won't lose any data or information, but it's possible something there didn't install correctly the first time.

There is a newer version (in beta) that you may want to try at this point as well:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/we-need-your-help-to-test-the-new-2checkout-payment-plugin

As far as a 3-column theme template goes, you should be able to do this very similar to the way you'd create a normal page template in WordPress. There's instructions in the marketpress-includes/themes/Themeing_MarketPress.txt file and you could also look at the template-functions.php file for more as well.

Hope this helps!

Thanks!

• Fondeli

Hi masonjames,

I found the culprit, Easy Blogging. Marketpress is now working as expected. I have the older version of easy blogging, I see it has been updated since I installed it. But just to say I also had a problem a while ago with easy blogging tool tips, I couldn't insert images in posts, but once I deactivated it, everything was back to normal, this plugin hasn't been updated since.

I will now take a look at that global marketplace page.

Thanks for your help!