Marketpress pages not displaying

Added MarketPress and it created all the necessary pages on my test site. However the pages aren't rendering properly. All they show is a blank white box. Any ideas on what would cause the page to not render properly?

• James Morris

Hello Brett,

I hope you are well today.

I just checked your registered sites and saw where you enabled Support Staff Login on tutrsoft. I logged in and went to check your MarketPress setup and I see you have the plugin deactivated.

Would you mind re-activating the plugin and adding a few sample products so I can further troubleshoot this issue for you. Once you have done so, please reply back here so I will know it's OK to test.

Best regards,

James Morris

• James Morris

Hello Brett,

I've logged in and looked around a bit. I switched the theme on testing site 2 to Twenty Sixteen just to rule out any theme conflicts, but I'm seeing that even that theme is not displaying correctly, but it's not just limited to MarketPress pages. All pages seem to be having problems.

How were your test sites created? Did you manually create them? Did you use New Blog Templates? Did you clone?

If you wouldn't mind, would you please grant me access to your site and server so I can dig into this issue further for you?

Please visit the Contact page and complete the form with the following information:

Select "I have a different question" from the drop-down box.

Subject: "Attn: James Morris"

In the Message box, please provide the following:

- Admin login:
    Admin username
    Admin password
    Login url

- Hosting Control Panel Login
    Admin username
    Admin password
    Login url

- FTP credentials
    host
    username
    password
    (and port if required)

- link back to this thread for reference
    - any other relevant urls

Best regards,

James Morris

• James Morris

Hello Brett,

I just check your Test Site 2 and switched back and forth between themes. Everything seems to be working correctly now. See screenshot: https://monosnap.com/file/iyiBnKSjxXXSpCKkLfHmYe4dr1PBaJ

Can you provide a little more detail about how you created the subsites previously, when you were having the error? It seems as though manually creating the sites is working well. Perhaps the previous method has an issue.

Best regards,

James Morris

• Brett

Hi James,

It still continues to be a problem. I reinstalled wordpress and all plugins to make sure nothing was screwy there. It seems to be a problem if the site is set at any level above the first one I added. So in my case I have 3 levels, if I manually set the site to the lowest level or have the site created start at the lowest level (by setting the free trial to it) the pages work fine. If I manually upgrade the site or have the free trial level set to the highest one then no page works including the sample page. I'm using the premium plugin manager to manage the different plugins based on level, not sure if this is what's causing it or something else.

• James Morris

Hello Brett,

I hope you are well today.

I created another test site. It was set to your highest level bey default. I added a product and verified that it worked. Then, I downgraded the account to no Pro Site membership. As expected, MarketPress went away. I then upgraded the site to your Basic level. I had manually enable MarketPress. After doing so, I tried to visit the previously created product, but got a 404. I updated the product and the product URL worked again. Finally, I changed the site from Basic to Pro and MarketPress still worked.

I'm able to create a site, change its levels and back again and MarketPress is working. I'm afraid I'm having trouble replicating the issue you were having now.

I'm creating the sites by going through Network Admin -> Sites -> Add New Site. Are you doing something different?

Best regards,

James Morris

• Brett

Hi James,

No I was creating the sites the same way. I followed what you did exactly on another test site and replicated the results however my problem still continues to be the pages themselves, the front end. Following the setup wizard for marketpress creates a number of pages for the front end (cart, products etc.). After completing this and then navigating to the "Pages" menu item I can't view any of them. They all just go to a blank screen with a box on it. This happens with any page I then create, even one that just simply says "Test" on it. If I create a menu for the front end and add the pages then visit those pages from the front end you get the same result. The plugin works fine on the backend however my problem has always been that the front end pages dont work.

• James Morris

Hello Brett,

Looking at Test Site 3, I was able to reproduce the issue you were having. I then went into the plugins on just that subsite and deactivated Sliced Invoices and User Notes. Once I deactivated those plugins, the pages displayed properly. I then reactivated those plugins and the pages continued to display properly.

Next, I created a test4 site. I deactivated User Notes and created the pages for MarketPress. Same symptoms as before. Blank white box. I then disabled Sliced Invoices and the page worked. I reactivated Sliced Invoices and the pages continued to work.

So, this is a case of a plugin conflict with Sliced Invoices. I enabled WP_DEBUG and no debug messages were generated during these tests. So, I'm not sure what exactly the conflict is. But, if you deactivate that plugin by default, setup MarketPress, then activate Sliced Invoices, everything should work well for you.

Let us know if you have any further questions. We'll be happy to help! :slight_smile:

Best regards,

James Morris