MarketPress pagination

Hi!

I've read couple of disscussions about pagination problem in Marketpress, however have not found any answer or solution to the problem.

In the moment if I set pagination [mp_product_grid paginate="true" page="1" per_page="8" order_by="title" order="DESC" category="x"], first 8 products appear as it should be. Unfortunately there is no possibility to see other products (pagination does not work).

Is this problem going to be resolved?

tequaz

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi Tequaz

Thank you for posting to the forum and for your question related to the MarketPress Plugin.

Technically pagination doesn't work with shortcodes as it's intended that a shortcode is only for displaying small segments of products. If you need larger amounts you would be better off using categories or tags.

You can select exactly where to start/end in the shortcode. By adding a /page/2 to the url will fill the start variable. See this thread for more details on this:

Marketpress: mp_list_products shortcode attributes not working

Let me know if this helps and if you need any further support.

All the best and have a great day!

Gina

• tequaz
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Gina,

Thank you for the answer! I agree that categories should be used for the larger amounts. However you should think about adding to the categories:

1) sorting and filtering managed by users
    2) possibility to add custom code to the categories page - such as f.ex. adding slider before listing.
    3) better pagination options (not just next, previous, but also 1,2,3,4,5 etc.)

It works great in some other carts like jigoshop/woocommerce - would like to see marketpress as the leader all the time:slight_smile:

Tequaz

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi Tequaz

I second that - we would like to be considered The Leader in eCommerce options.

That being said, I would like to move your post to our Feature Suggestions and Feedback Forum so we can get other folks that might also be interested in these features and hopefully this can be added to a future release for the MarketPress Plugin.

Thank you for the feedback. We appreciate it :slight_smile:

Have a good weekend!

Gina

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.