marketpress payflow pro not sending info to paypal

help on this ? paypal says its the api endpoint, but appears correctly in gateway plugin.

thanks,
John

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya John,

Do you have the IPN activated on your account? What's the exact error message you're receiving.

Also are you in sandbox or live mode? Sometimes sandbox mode will throw errors and live mode will work fine. Ahh, paypal...

Let us know. Thanks!

• jhcreative
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

yes, everything on paypal end checks out, had them on the phone today running tests in both sandbox and live, they are looking at plugin too marketpress works SWEET all the way from shopping cart to confirmation (thanks!!), but seems to think that payment is successfully made, when Paypal isn't getting any API contact at all.

working with the super cool Sue Cline who I met here and who developed the Payflow gateway module included in 2.5.5 as beta on a solution but I'm really a WordPress guy, not an API guy. my very important client (my wife :wink: has a national TV appearance with her product here in the States tomorrow am, about 12 hours from now, so I REALLY want this Payflow Pro setup to work, and not fall back on Google or Express where user has to leave site.

test it out on http://heather-reilly.com (click "shop" from home page) it really is cool (custom css, core untouched) except for that little piece about the money actually ending up in her account. any insight most appreciated, hard facts below:

using PayPal Payflow Pro gateway in MarketPress 2.5.5 in WordPress 3.3.1, all SSL established, etc.

despite this hassle, many thanks WPMU, money well spent!!

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya John,

Unfortunately I don't have any experience with the payflow gateway at this point. :disappointed:

I will mark this as urgent for our lead developer, but he's already logged off for the evening, so it'll be tomorrow morning his time (central US) at the earliest. If I can find someone to take a look in the meantime I'll have them come by but I did take a look at the site and from what I can tell everything seems to be in place.

Any chance Sue is still around to see what's going on there? We'll see what we can do. Keep us updated.

Thanks John.

• Aaron
    • CTO

Hi John, as is noted in the plugin this is a highly beta gateway, i've never even tested it myself beyond scanning for code/secuity bugs.

Unfortunatley there's no way we'll be able to look into it in detail and release any potential fixes in the timeframe you are requiring. I'll check it out when I get a chance and update this thread.

Best of luck to you!

• jamesbirdguess
    • Flash Drive

I just added payflow pro as well and I am getting error on cvv2 security code.

Here is the error: "There was a problem finalizing your purchase. CVV2 Mismatch: 15004-This transaction cannot be processed. Please enter a valid Credit Card Verification Number. Please go back and try again"

Ok for some reason marketpress is not passing info to paypal. the cvv2 credit card security code for paypal to verify.

I just spent an hour on the phone with Paypals tech team and we walked through the purchase process on my website and this is what they concluded. Can you guys check this since I know its beta mode.

• Aaron
    • CTO

Ok for some reason marketpress is not passing info to paypal. the cvv2 credit card security code for paypal to verify.

I just double checked the code and it should be adding CVV2 field correctly. Not sure the specifics of your situation. If you want you can debug what's actually being sent. In the sendTransactionToGateway() method add a
    var_dump($parameters);die();
    That should print the actual request being sent so you can debug.

jhcreative, did you check your error log? Do you have the curl module enabled on your server?

• jamesbirdguess
    • Flash Drive

Aaron, the cvv2 error is not generating anymore for some reason. now its a new error see attached. user authentication failed error. Please let me know been trying to test this with paypal for hours but they keep saying its on marketpress side. because i tried my s2member paypal pro and tested buying a product on my site with the same credit card and it works fine.

Thanks for getting back on this. as soon as we get this fixed I will definitely upgrade to full memebership. Thanks!

• jamesbirdguess
    • Flash Drive

at this point, i dont mind giving you temporary access to my paypal account so you can check.

Here is what I did: I went to paypal, logged in, went to profile, went to request API credentials, selected setup payflow pro API acess and it showed me this below:

User: ?
    Partner: ?
    Vendor: ?
    Password:?

Then I entered all the above info into my store settings payments sections in marketpress. What am i Missing?

• jamesbirdguess
    • Flash Drive

ok now the cvv2 mismatch error is back for some reason. I created new payflow credentials in my api paypal settings.

"There was a problem finalizing your purchase. CVV2 Mismatch: 15004-This transaction cannot be processed. Please enter a valid Credit Card Verification Number. Please go back and try again."

• jhcreative
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Aaron, thanks for the debug code, will put into play when I return to Payflow problem solving this weekend. Will be working with Sue Cline on that gateway plugin page she shared until this baby works, my custom styles for Market Press checkout pages are so darn pretty :wink:

Other info to help follow this through for future readers: yes, I have the cURL extension in, but this was all done on new cloud server from vps in kind of a rush job for our TV appearance Tuesday, and I know they had some of the Apache settings wrong because of how first traffic spike played out and the corrections they made for the rest AND the fact that my paypal express/google wallet hookups didn't work anymore either, even though they were perfect (and easy!) on original server.

(I reverted back to basic paypal buttons at last minute and bypassed the MarketPress cart altogether :slight_frown: to make sure site was bullet proof for Tuesday traffic (it was :slight_smile:

so when I go back to this, will retest with revised server settings and update this post.

also spoke at length with cool PayPal tech guy who dug into MarketPress code and Sue's plugin--> he suggested with minor tweaks that plug in could be made to work with PayPal Standard Website Payments, too. Thanks again for input everyone!

• jamesbirdguess
    • Flash Drive

Aaron, I worked with paypal integration team and we did a live test using my payflow pro credentials, credit card to determine cause. We discovered I was able to charge a credit card and receive the funds in my paypal account with those credentials.

Here is the response from the paypal tech.

Tell your shopping cart plugin that from the PayPal logs, the address is coming across like 1465+Paradise+Hills+Road

buyer email is showing as speak%40jamesbirdguess.com

This shouldn’t be coming across url encoded – should be “1465 Paradise Hills Road” and “speak@jamesbirdguess.com”

Preston Alexander – Integration Engineer, Professional Services Engineering

• jamesbirdguess
    • Flash Drive

I worked with paypal integration team and we did a live test using my payflow pro credentials, credit card to determine cause. We discovered I was able to charge a credit card and receive the funds in my paypal account with those credentials.

Tell your shopping cart plugin that from the PayPal logs, the address is coming across like 1465+Paradise+Hills+Road

This shouldn’t be coming across url encoded – should be “1465 Paradise Hills Road” and “speak@jamesbirdguess.com”

So whats the ETA on this so I can start selling products? Thanks!

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings everyone,

Just chiming in here as requested by jamesbirdguess from another ticket that was over this same issue in which I can clearly see that Aaron has become involved in which is great news.

Look forward to proceeding and offering what I can for resolution of this issue.

Marking this ticket as not resolved as it clearly is not considering the issue remains that jamesbirdguess has been testing out for us.

Cheers, Joe

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

James,

Aaron is aware and will be by as soon as he can :slight_smile:

We are in the final stages of a big project so our devs are trying to balance work and support for the first of this week, thanks for your patience

I'm sure he is working on something for you as I know he has not forgotten you :slight_smile:

• suecline
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi James -

I am just getting back on fixing this issue (thanks to John for the heads up on this thread) - we think we've got everything fixed, but I'm waiting to ensure the money actually lands in the client's bank account.

If you want me to release the code to you now so you can do your own testing let me know!

Sorry for the delays!

Thanks -

Sue

• suecline

I finally have an update on the Payflow Pro gateway issue. Again, my apologies for the time it's taking to resolve this - believe me, we've got tons of time into this along with the rest of you!

After a lengthily discussion with the folks at Payflow (aka Paypal) and the folks that set up the original merchant account we're trying to connect to (a division of Wells Fargo), we've identified the problem originates at TSYS, which is munging the data transmitted via the Payflow pro gateway.

TSYS is an older, pre-PCI merchant banking software suite that's in the process of being deprecated due to changes in merchant banking rules and US government regulations as a result of the Durbin/Dodd-Frank DOJ settlements.

There is some sense that it is theoretically feasible to write a digital converter to make the transition between MarketPress > Payflow > TSYS work, but it's beyond our capabilities and project budget.

The long and short of it is, the "replacement" for TSYS is Authorize.net, which already meets the Durbin/Dodd-Frank criteria. Thankfully, it's also already supported in most WMPU products!

Accordingly, we are withdrawing our Payflow gateways, and making the transition over to Authorize.net.

As John mentioned above, our gateway *could* be tweaked to work with PayPal Standard Website Payments. If you're interested in doing that, I'd recommend talking with PayPal technical support directly, or perhaps John will post an update to this thread.

If for some reason you really want to tackle the TSYS mess and would like our code to do so, please send me a message - my sites are in my profile.

Again, thank you to everyone for your patience as we unraveled the nasty bytes and bits to this!

Sue Cline

• suecline

God I love this job.

Right after I posted this, we were able to resolve the issue, and I can already see the funds in the client's account manager.

That doesn't change much of what I said above, but we are going to at least offer the updated script here in case anyone else wants to work with it. If you find it useful, please send points since we sure didn't really get paid for this :wink:

I am going to caution you, though, that based on my conversation with the folks at Wells Fargo that you'll want to have another solution in reserve in case this is genuinely deprecated according to the Dodd-Frank schedule.

Thanks -

Sue Cline

• suecline

Aaron,

We've only got TSYS to test against. From what I understand, 99.9% of folks using Payflow are also using TSYS as their primary merchant processor, but people should check the PayPal manager (go to your dashboard, then Account Administration >Merchant Bank Information to see who the processor is.

In theory, the new fix should resolve the problem even if you aren't using TSYS, but we can't verify that without a larger test universe. Hopefully John and James can add their .02 once they're up to date on this.

Thanks!

Sue

• suecline

James,

I am not entirely sure if we'll continue to support Payflow or not on our end, it really depends on our client base, which is predominately using authorize.net already.

This was actually a one-off project we offered to the WPMU community as a give-back - we were surprised to see it make it into the last Marketpress release, but I, for one, hope it stays because US merchants need options besides Authorize.net which has a near monopoly. I can't speak for WPMU, though, and the gateway was CLEARLY marked as beta in the latest release.

If your processor is TSYS (see my notes above for how to check this) you may have no choice after all the provisions of Dodd-Frank (and Durbin amendments) go through. I've been too busy getting projects out the door to read/interpret those laws as to their impact on micro-commerce, but it's moved to the top of my to do list so we can properly advise clients.

I can also tell you that we've got a number of ecommerce sites running various WP cart software, and MarketPress is by far the best tool we've used. It's possible WooThemes might offer a Payflow extension down the road, but I've not seen it on the road map.

Essentially, what I was trying to communicate was have a backup plan in place. John will echo this - he'd have had a really bad week if he couldn't have activated Paypal payments when Payflow crapped out last time.

Thanks!

Sue

• jamesbirdguess
    • Flash Drive

ok i just ftp it into position and set permission to 644 but still got error

"There was a problem finalizing your purchase. CVV2 Mismatch: 15004-This transaction cannot be processed. Please enter a valid Credit Card Verification Number. Please go back and try again".

• jamesbirdguess
    • Flash Drive

Sue did you look into this:

I worked with paypal integration team and we did a live test using my payflow pro credentials, credit card to determine cause. We discovered I was able to charge a credit card and receive the funds in my paypal account with those credentials.

• suecline

James,

Yes, we looked into the % and + symbols occurring in transactions, but that is a Marketpress thing, not a Payflow gateway thing. Ours is doing that too, but the mis-match CVV2 error is coming from your processor, not the gateway. That is why I asked for your processor information.

TSYS was clearing transactions with the + symbol, so don't worry about that - that isn't what is killing your sale.

Thanks -

Sue

• thirteen
    • Flash Drive

FWIW, I bought marketpress yesterday and was running into a few of the problems outlined in this thread and then I was getting DENIED on every transaction.

I just downloaded that updated fix from this thread and ran it and it worked.

Our processor is Elavon.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.