MarketPress, Paypal Business, and Taxes

Hello :slight_smile: I searched the forums, but couldn’t find an answer to my problem. One came really close, but no cigar.

So MarketPress is working really well on a site that’s about to go live, but I *just* noticed that taxes are not being applied to the Paypal process. The cart, itself, is figuring up the taxes just fine, but it’s not adding the tax to the total.

As an example, the test product is $49.95. We have it set up to apply taxes to downloadable products, using the base rate (which is 4%). So on the checkout page, it’s showing the item price at $49.95 (correct), the tax amount at $1.92 (which is actually incorrect – 4% of $49.95 is actually $1.998), and it shows the total being passed to Paypal as $49.95 (incorrect – it should be $51.87, if using the amount MarketPress is calculating. The actual correct amount should be $51.95)

The payment is going through just fine, process going smoothly through the sandbox. But it’s just not adding the base tax amount to the total. it’s *showing* it, but you’re just paying the base $49.95 price through Paypal.

Anyone know what might be going on?

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello there @doodlebee, I hope you’re well today!

Are you by any chance entering your prices including the taxes?

Could you please grant us access to your backend so that we may see exactly what is happening?

To do so, from your dashboard go to WPMUDEV => Support => Support Access and click on the “Grant access” button.

Please note that you must have the WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin installed on your site to complete the above process.

Cheers,

Ari.

• doodlebee
    • Flash Drive

Actually, I just figured it out, and was coming back to report :slight_smile: It was one of my settings.

In “Store Settings”, under the “General” tab, “Enter Prices Inclusive of Tax?” was set to “yes”. I swapped it to “no”, and now the tax is calculated properly, and the correct total is showing to be passed on.

I need more coffee in the morning. Thanks though!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.