request a payout from me?

Thanks!
Dustin

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Dustin,

Thank you for the great question.

The answer is PayPal chained payments.

You set up PayPal chained payments, set up your percentage, input your PayPal address in the network admin dashboard, and the end users will enter their own PayPal address in their own store admin dashboard.

When the transaction is processed by PayPal, chained payments will send each of you your cut almost simultaneously.

Cheers, Joe

• maxaud
    • The Crimson Coder

ok, Thanks.

Additionally, are other payment processors supported or is it just PayPal's "Adaptive Payments?"

When someone pays, does it show they paid two people or just one? if one, does it show me or the seller as the responsible party?

If they request a refund through PayPal, who do they get the money from?

Thanks!

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Dustin,

Thank you for the great question.

Additionally, are other payment processors supported or is it just PayPal's "Adaptive Payments?"

Just PayPal st this time.

When someone pays, does it show they paid two people or just one?

I believe just one.

if one, does it show me or the seller as the responsible party?

Though it may indeed show the other person as the seller, you are always responsible for your share of the transaction.

If they request a refund through PayPal, who do they get the money from?

Both of you I am sure. They will reverse the transaction for all parties.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Fanus van Straten,

Thank you for the great question but no you must have chained payments setup in the network admin dashboard --> Settings --> Market Press --> MarketPress Network Options and Chained Payment allowed to be used.

Once selected the facilities to set the commission rate becomes available underneath the list of gateways.

Cheers, Joe

• Fanus van Straten
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thanks for the response aecnu.

Aaah...I had "Enable Global shopping cart" set to "Yes" and that's why I couldn't see the other options.

I therefore take it that only "PayPal Chained Payments" should be set for all to use and all the other options should be set to " No Access"? All the sites on my network will be for free but I will be taking a % commission from each of their sales.

Am I therefore correct in disabling all the other payment options? I presume so but am just double checking.

• Fanus van Straten
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

@aecnu - Ok, now another hassle:

Under network admin dashboard --> Settings --> Market Press --> MarketPress Network Options, I need to enter an "Application ID" with these instructions:

You must register this application with PayPal using your business account login to get an Application ID that will work with your API credentials. A bit of a hassle, but worth it! In the near future we will be looking for ways to simplify this process. Register then submit your application while logged in to the developer portal. Note that you do not need an Application ID for testing in sandbox mode. More Information »
    View an example form »

In the above text "Register then submit your application" has a link to it that points to - https://appreview.x.com/create-appvetting-app!input.jspa

That link is dead. What would be the correct URL so that I can register my "Application ID" ?

Thanks

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Fanus van Straten,

Thank you for the additional questions.

Am I therefore correct in disabling all the other payment options?

This is correct that you want to disable all the other payment options when using chained payments to enforce the commission share.

What would be the correct URL so that I can register my "Application ID" ?

http://www.x.com

You would want to review this:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/xcommerce-application-process-marketpress-fundraiser

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.