Marketpress permissions

Hello,

I've tested the plugin on a localhost and everything works fine. When I upload files and database, I have all my products and everything seems ok... BUT when I test it... Paypal Express which was working on localhost doesn't on the server... No message error, just it just does not go to the paypal page. Page stay blank.

API information are OK. Everything is exactly set as it is in localhost.

What should be permissions for :
folders : 755 ?
files : 644 ?
Is there a cache somewhere ?

Thanks for your reply.

Regards.

Chris

• aecnu

Greetings Chris,

Welcome to WPMU DEV!

Sorry to see that you are having an issue with your WordPress installation, the Membership plugin, and the PayPal gateway.

What should be permissions for :
    folders : 755 ?

Yes.

files : 644 ?

Yes.

Is there a cache somewhere ?

Not unless you installed a caching plugin?

Market Press does not come with caching if that is what you mean and things like this are always why I develop on REAL servers so that the development is in its native environment and I have written articles on just how this is done using the same domain name as well.

In any event, when it is the PayPal credentials themselves normally a 10002 error is thrown - not a blank page which there can be dozens of reasons for.

Lets start with the host.

What is the php version is the host running?

What is the URL to the site in question?

Have you tried uploading the files again?

Was the domain name used on the localhost identical to the domain name being used now?

What are we working with?

WordPress 3.5.1?
    MultiSite or Solo?
    Buddy Press 1.6.5?
    Which is the theme name?

Have you gone through standard troubleshooting protocol?

Standard plugin trouble shooting protocol - first to switch to the Twenty Eleven theme just long enough to check for the problem - if the problem still exists next involves deactivating all plugins except the plugin in question and then see if the issue still exists.

If it does not, then you want to activate plugins one at a time testing in between to see if the issue returns. Even when you find one plugin, it may be in your interest to deactivate the problem plugin and continue testing the rest of the plugins to insure no others are also conflicting.

You will know the conflict when the issue returns and which plugin(s) you activated that cause the issue.

Please advise if there are any plugin conflicts and if so what the plugins are that are conflicting.

Cheers, Joe

• christophe_cousin

Hello,

Thanks very much for your quick reply.

1) Php version : 4.1.15
    2) Url site : http://www.christophe-cousin.com
    3) YES, I have tried to upload files again. I also bought the full version, hoping that it would solve my problem but same situation.
    4) Domaine name used on the localhost : localhost:8888... It was different but normally I changed it in the whole database for http://www.christophe-cousin.com... Are they other thing to modify to go from localhost to server ?
    5) What I have :
    Wordress 3.5.1 => YES
    Solo site
    Buddy Press => NO
    Theme name => HQ Photography Responsive WP
    6) I have tried the Standard plugin trouble shooting protocol : (switch to the Twenty Eleven theme just long enough to check for the problem - if the problem still exists next involves deactivating all plugins except the plugin in question and then see if the issue still exists) => YES PROBLEM IS STILL THERE

Regards.

Chris

• aecnu

Greetings Chris,

Thank you for the great question regarding saving the product and shipping tables sure you should be able to save them/export them independently using phpMYadmin in your hosting control panel.

To help ease the pain when dealing with the database, I offer you to download in what is in my opinion the greatest Database Management software of all time Navicat.

On a side note and not as a criticism but as an FYI I have copied and pasted the following from another ticket and with this understanding we should be able to work together in a more timely manner:

****Please note:****
    One reason in this particular ticket here that we are having delays in a response is because of the way the ticket system works. The ticket system see's every reply as well a reply ... and then changes it's priority in the support que to include ticket aging.

Therefore it may not show up on our screens as early as it would under normal conditions. It is usually in your best interest to not bump tickets or reply to them unless there is something significant to add.
    ****Please note****

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member and have a GREAT weekend!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.