Marketpress Plugin and SEO

Hey There, I am using the marketpress plugin for a client’s site. It’s setup for a referring link (like affiliate) that directs the visitor to another site where they can actually make the purchase, so only presentation and general tabs are showing.

I am also using Genesis framework which has SEO for pages and posts. I like being able to add the products with marketpress, but can’t see where I can add product specific title, description, and keyword. Am I missing it somewhere?

Thanks

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi Charris42,

I’m really not sure if Genesis’ SEO supports custom post types but I believe that would be the reason you may not see those options. I’ll run that by some of the guys over here who may have experience with Genesis.

I’d like to mention though, you can definitely use WPMU DEV SEO for that, as it most certainly supports custom post types such as MarketPress ‘products’.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wpmu-dev-seo

Cheers,

David

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

Yeah, can’t help but recommend our SEO plugin here as it supports any custom post type by default. The Genesis SEO plugin will only display if it’s called for when you register each individual post type.

You can do this in your theme’s functions.php file though:

add_action('init', 'my_custom_init');

function my_custom_init() {
    add_post_type_support( 'directory_listing', 'genesis-seo' );
    add_post_type_support( 'directory_listing', 'genesis-layouts' );
    }

The above would work for the directory plugin – but you can replace directory_listing with any and all post types as required.

Hope this helps! Thanks!

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Glad that’s working for you Christina! I haven’t had a chance to take a good look into Genesis themes or their SEO options, but I do know the SEO plugin makes custom post type support straightforward and incredibly simple to setup.

Mason, awesome stuff there! No human being should know as much as you do about everything! :wink:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.