MarketPress Plus Multisite Plus Network+ One Ecommerce Checkout Page

I have a multisite installation and want to accomplish the following using MarketPress, the Network+ plugin (and multi-db):

1. One Platform hosting multiple domains and subdomains using multisite plus the Network+ plugin. Example links are:
Mainsite.com
Subdomain1.mainsite.com
Subdomain2.mainsite.com
Additionaldomain.com
Subdomain1.additionaldomain.com
Subdomain2.additionaldomaincom

2. Single sign on to all "sites" (including main site, subdomains, additionaldomain and additional domains).

3. The same user profile viewable on all "sites" showing any special admin features from each site "sites" in a separate tab

4. Same ecommerce checkout for all "sites" (from one link such as “shop.mainsite.com”) where the user can shop from all sites (include the different domains) and pay via one checkout (the checkout pane will categorize the checkout items).

Is this possible?

Thanks.

• Philip John

Hiya!

First off, I'm not familiar with the "Network+" plugin - can you link to that please?

1. This is possible using Domain Mapping and Multi-Domains. Be aware however, that mainsite.com and additionaldomain.com will show the main site only - you cannot have two different sites for each domain.

2. All users would be able to log in via the sub-sites but you could either redirect to the mainsite.com login or simply re-brand the login so that all sub-site logins reflect the mainsite.com branding.

3. Can you clarify what you're after here, please? I'm not sure I fully understand....

4. Yep, global checkout is built in to the most recent version of MarketPress :slight_smile:

Cheers!
    Phil

• signy

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response.

1. MULTI NETWORK PLUGINS -- Replicator (see http://wpebooks.com/replicator/) is apparently like WP Multi Networks (see http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-multi-network/ ). I am leaning away from the "network" option as I read that some plugins may not work on a multi network model.

2. DOMAIN MAPPING -- I would likely also forego the domain mapping option as I wanted each domain to have its own separate databases (in the event I needed to break off that site/subsite from the other sites later).

3. SINGLE SIGN ON -- in lieu of domain mapping, I would like install a single sign on among the various domains. I will investigate this more fully later, but am thinking of using Saml (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/simplesamlphp-authentication/).

4. USER PROFILE -- This related to the previous desire to link many domains together (not just subdomains). I have several sites planned with different subject matters. In the multi-networ option I was considering, I was hoping that users would get one "unified" profile of their purchases across several sites. For example:

My Profile
    Site A
    My Wishlist
    My Purchases
    Site B
    My Wishlist
    My Purchases

5. GLOBAL CHECKOUT -- Good to know that global checkout is possible.
    a. In the event I do go with a "multi-network" option in the future, is global checkout available across the different networks?
    b. If I simply link several domains together via single sign on, is there any way to have MarketPress do a global checkout of purchases across all the networks, or will I have to install a separate MarketPress and checkout on each network?

Thanks!

• Philip John

1. MULTI NETWORK PLUGINS -- Replicator (see http://wpebooks.com/replicator/) is apparently like WP Multi Networks (see http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-multi-network/ ). I am leaning away from the "network" option as I read that some plugins may not work on a multi network model.

I would recommend you take a look at New Blog Templates for that purpose instead.

2. DOMAIN MAPPING -- I would likely also forego the domain mapping option as I wanted each domain to have its own separate databases (in the event I needed to break off that site/subsite from the other sites later).

You would really need separate WP installs in that case, with each (sub-)domain under a separate hosting account in all likelyhood.

3. SINGLE SIGN ON -- in lieu of domain mapping, I would like install a single sign on among the various domains. I will investigate this more fully later, but am thinking of using Saml (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/simplesamlphp-authentication/).

You may also want to look at User Sync.

4. I believe you would need some extensive custom development in order to achieve this. I'm not aware of anything that would enable you to do that.

5. GLOBAL CHECKOUT -- Good to know that global checkout is possible.
    a. In the event I do go with a "multi-network" option in the future, is global checkout available across the different networks?
    b. If I simply link several domains together via single sign on, is there any way to have MarketPress do a global checkout of purchases across all the networks, or will I have to install a separate MarketPress and checkout on each network?

Global checkout will only work as part of a Multisite network - it would not work across several WordPress installations.

Cheers,
    Phil

• signy

Hi,

great responses. Just a few more follow-up questions>

1. SINGLE SIGN ON FOR MULTI-SITE INSTALLS

I looked at User Sync, but read that it can only link single WP installs, not multi-site installs. Can it link a series of multi--site installs?

2. BLOG TEMPLATE AS "STORE TEMPLATES"

For a MarketPress install where I allow vendors to set up their own "stores":

a. Would I use "Blog Template" to create "store/blog" templates that show up for store owners when they create their 'store/blog?"

b. Can I create different "blog/store" template designs for different kinds of stores that the store owner can select from when creating the store? if so, I can place a link on the main home page to "Create a Store?" that links to a page with these options?

Thanks!

• Philip John

Hi,

Can it link a series of multi--site installs?

Nope, it can't link any Multisite installs.

a. Would I use "Blog Template" to create "store/blog" templates that show up for store owners when they create their 'store/blog?"

Yep, tha'd be your best bet!

b. Can I create different "blog/store" template designs for different kinds of stores that the store owner can select from when creating the store?

Sure, you could provide a default theme using New Blog Templates and then provide a selection of different themes that the user can choice from once their site is set up.

if so, I can place a link on the main home page to "Create a Store?" that links to a page with these options?

That'd need some custom coding to achieve but I'm sure it'd be possible.

Phil

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.