MarketPress – Possible CSS bug?

I just threw up a test site and noticed the green arrows are overlapping the “Products, Shopping Cart, Order Status” links within the store: http://test.studentcasts.com/store/

The version is 2.5.9.

The theme is StudioPress Fabric child theme

http://screencast.com/t/LJuPlj7r

Any insight will be great.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings jasonewillis,

Thank you for your feedback regarding this issue.

After viewing your screen shot I agree that their is a possible css bug with your chosen theme StudioPress Fabric child theme.

On my live production site this issue obviously does not exist:

http://marketpress.aecnuwpmu.us/

And I have taken a screen shot of the same in Twenty Eleven for your benefit attached below. Please change your theme to Twenty Eleven to see that you have the same results.

Therefore it is certainly my conclusion that it is indeed a css issue with your theme and since I do not have a copy of the theme I cannot even start to troubleshoot the issue.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• jasonewillis
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Joe,

I am using Genesis > Agency, thought I have tried a few. I am not sure where to start tweaking the CSS, what am I looking for? Is this an unordered list issue? Is there a way to shut off the green arrows from the plugin? Thanks,

jw

• jasonewillis

I could probably tweak either the MarketPress template-functions.php on line starting at line 1845 of the } else { :

function mp_store_navigation( $echo = true ) {
    $settings = get_option('mp_settings');

//navigation
    if (!$settings['disable_cart']) {
    $nav = '<ul class="mp_store_navigation"><li class="page_item"><a href="' . mp_products_link(false, true) . '" title="' . __('Products', 'mp') . '">' . __('Products', 'mp') . '</a></li>';
    $nav .= '<li class="page_item"><a href="' . mp_cart_link(false, true) . '" title="' . __('Shopping Cart', 'mp') . '">' . __('Shopping Cart', 'mp') . '</a></li>';
    $nav .= '<li class="page_item"><a href="' . mp_orderstatus_link(false, true) . '" title="' . __('Order Status', 'mp') . '">' . __('Order Status', 'mp') . '</a></li>
    </ul>';
    } else {
    $nav = '<ul class="mp_store_navigation">
    <li class="page_item"><a href="' . mp_products_link(false, true) . '" title="' . __('Products', 'mp') . '">' . __('Products', 'mp') . '</a></li>
    </ul>';
    }

if ($echo)
    echo $nav;
    else
    return $nav;
    }

OR

Is there a way to create a conditional statement within the style.css of the Studiopress theme to ignore styling the ul class=”mp_store_navigation unordered lists?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings jasonewillis,

Sorry for the big delay here, it appears that the ticket system ate this ticket and I found it while digging around here in the back of the ticket system, my sincere apologies for the delay in a reply.

Can you please advise me where we are with this issue or are all of the items you have listed above still pending with the Genesis theme?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• Dean Kaus
    • The Bug Hunter

Hey @jasonewillis Thanks for your patience, I had been kinda waiting for a response as well. Seems that most of the themes out there don’t always play nice with the layout and Marketpress. I’ve been trying to learn CSS so I can be more proficient on my own however it’s a slow process as I need to find some income soon. Business is tough all over.

Anyway the good news is I saw a reply somewhere today from @aaron who had been on vacation. Hopefully he can jump in here soon and get you taken care of.

Is the Genesis Agency a paid premium theme?

• Dean Kaus
    • The Bug Hunter

I just took a look and it looks like a pretty cool theme. I had some time to kill while I wait for a video to render and thought I’d see if I could find the problem. i need to use the Google Chrome and Firebug tools better like some of the guys on the site here.

I thought that if it was one of the free themes I’d download it to a test site and play around. Anyway I’ll give your site a look and see if anything jumps out at me.

Couple of questions. What version of WP are you using? Single or Multi Site?

Does your theme have a section to add custom CSS?

• jasonewillis

Hi Dean,

I am using the current version (3.4.1.) on a single installation. I need to use Firebug better as well. Thanks for the help.

jw

UPDATE: I recorded this screencast and I am wondering if, within the CSS, I need to compare how the classes ‘mp_store_navigation’ and ‘mp_popular_products’ are handling the line items? The latter seems to do it better…so I am going to start there in the morning I guess.

http://screencast.com/t/n5offeibrqP

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings jasonewillis,

Thank you for your additional feedback concerning the framework type themes which I personally find to be a menace to custom designing and integrations, but of course to each there own.

@dean Kaus Great suggestion at possibly getting PCwriter in here with some assist on the CSS

Hopefully @pcwriter will pay us a visit with some of his CSS magic.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings jasonewillis,

any possibility the plugin developer can answer this?

Until yesterday the lead developer has been on vacation for the entire duration of this ticket.

I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings JW,

I think I got this one relative to removing the green arrow :slight_smile:

/wp-content/plugins/marketpress/marketpress-includes/themes/icons.css

Remove lines 254-257

Earlier I had searched the regular css file and could not find it, so I came up with a new plan starting with the graphic itself and working backwards.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• Dean Kaus
    • The Bug Hunter

Hey @aecnu I need a job where I can get 4 weeks vacation! LOL

I think I may be using firebug improperly as when I was originally looking at the link it a[[eared to be from another program or site.

Just wondering if I was lookig at the screencast and does that or snagit for that matter capture the original source code with the photo?

Thanks in advance

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings JW and Dean,

@jasonewillis sorry about the hold up on this one, happy to hear that we got it handled with removal :slight_smile:

@dean Kaus I hear that about the vacation! Actually all of us Dev Staff have that option – unpaid of course or at least to the best of my knowledge.

But that is what happens when you are an independent contractor versus being an “Employee” – but there are other benefits as well being an independent contractor and I am certainly happy with the arrangement as it is though I would not turn down the paid vacation part either :wink:

I think you were looking at a screen cast Dean and therefore certainly no source code.

Thank you both for being WPMU Dev Members!

Sincerely, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.