Marketpress possibly passing wrong customer's data to Google Checkout

This is too weird to even try to search for here, and unfortunately impossible for me to reproduce.

I've just heard that a customer, upon checking out via Google Checkout, was shown shipping information (on the G.C. checkout page) belonging to what turned out to be that of the previous customer.

I know it's bizarre, but is there any way Marketpress could have a bug like this? Has anyone seen anything like this before? Could it have anything to do with running WP Super Cache?

I've just upgraded to Marketpress 2.5.2.

Thanks.

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

CantusFirmus,

Hi and thanks for being a WPMU member :slight_smile:

I've flagged the developer on this since it's a pretty serious issue if it turns out to be what you say.

In the meantime can I get you to share some more information?

Do you require signups to purchase?

Were you able to validate that it was indeed the previous customer or is that your assumption?

Is the customer who reported the issue using a shared computer? Maybe there was a login prior to hers and the computer saved the previous purchaser's info?

Best,

Kimberly

• CantusFirmus
    • Flash Drive

Thanks, Kimberly.

Yes, pretty serious indeed...

OK,

Do you require signups to purchase?

No signups required.

Were you able to validate that it was indeed the previous customer or is that your assumption?

I do know for a fact that it was the previous customer. (Not much business yet.)

Is the customer who reported the issue using a shared computer? Maybe there was a login prior to hers and the computer saved the previous purchaser's info?

This is where I might be a little too removed from the situation to say 100%, but I was told that a new Google account was created by the first customer. The two customers are in two different locations, and the transactions were about 20 hours apart.

Many thanks!

• Aaron
    • CTO

I've just heard that a customer, upon checking out via Google Checkout, was shown shipping information (on the G.C. checkout page) belonging to what turned out to be that of the previous customer.

MarketPress doesn't pass the shipping information to Google Checkout, so there's no possibility that it was the plugin.

If they are referring to the shipping info on MarketPress checkout screens, there is a possiblility if they used a shared computer, depending on your php session settings.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.