Marketpress Premium Plugin Support needed ASAP!

How can I create a useable URL that I can use to link to, from a "Buy" button on my ebook reseller website in order to display 3 product choices on a single product/ store page (it needs to be a store page in order to make sure the show cart only on store page works correctly).

For example I have 3 different product items setup for each book I am selling. The 3 product item choices are: Print format, Digital format (ebook) product, and the Print/Digital format Combo package. At first I had created a single Product page for each book with 3 different variations (print, ebook, and print/ebook combo) and this worked great because it was a single product page with variations with a URL that I could send the "Buy" button to. Well, this didn't work since the support group stated that a digital and non-digital product variation cannot exist within a single product (see a previous question post from me), so the functionality was broken using it this way. They instructed me to create 3 separate products for each of the formats of each book rather than using the variations. As I started creating these different products for each book I was trying to find out "How will I send a single "Buy" button to send me to a page that will allow me to choose between the 3 different products. I do not see a useful shortcode to accomplish this, and even if there were a shortcode - how could I send the "Buy" button to a shortcode instead of a URL? PLEASE HELP!!

• Dean Kaus

Hello @youritguy I think that the first way you had it set up with options was the correct way to go.
    I would sell the download version and the hard copy separately. Then use the 3rd combo option and since you have to process that order manually, you can also process the download manually. this is how it sounds like you had it set up initially.

I'll flag @Aaron to see if he can shed some light on this. I know that it was requested in the past about being able to have a combo package that would allow both digital download and physical from the same product but I haven't kept up lately to see if that ever happened.

If memory serves me I had sold a physical and download (it was music cd). Pretty sure I set it up as a download product and then made the title clear so that I knew that I had to ship the CD as well.

Not sure if I was much help or not. Hopefully @Aaron can jump in here as well.

• aecnu

Greetings youritguy,

Thank you for the great question.

"How will I send a single "Buy" button to send me to a page that will allow me to choose between the 3 different products.

The answer may be in the "built in" external redirect in the Market Press product where you can direct the buy button to any place you want.

Outside of the Market Press shopping cart you could redirect to a PayPal drop down menu page or anything that can be created using the PayPal button or subscription creation features.

Or a redirect to a regular page where mimicked buttons can be placed which in turn redirects back to the applicable product?

FYI: Aaron is out of town until at least Wednesday or Thursday this week.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• youritguy

I was trying to avoid having to setup anything within Paypal as that defeats the purpose of the beautiful API handling with Marketpress to Paypal that auto-creates the product page within Paypal during checkout. Doing that would require me actually setting up all the products within Paypal. which I have managed to get away with not doing.

The only option I see is to set up a regular page with the Product choices on that page. The problem with setting it up this way is that the shopping cart widget will not show on this page since it is not a store page, and a store page can only contain 1 product. So, you can see the pickle I am in right now.

• youritguy

@Dean Kaus, I am not sure what you meant by "the way I was doing it first was right." The reason why I posted this question is because I was instructed that creating a digital product with a print/physical option will still grant the customer access to the digital download even though they did not purchase that option. The options of the Product setups within Marketpress are known as variations and are really only meant for different size or color options like blue/ yellow, or small/ medium/ large. They aren't designed (unfortunately for me) to handle different formats such as digital and non-digital. I am REALLY hoping they can set this up for the next release since I paid quite a bit to commit to Marketpress Premium and quite honestly have been checking out other shopping cart options for Marketpress but am having trouble finding this design with other plugins as well. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I have to wait until Wednesday or Thursday to get help from the developer.

• aecnu

Greetings youritguy,

Thank you for your clarification which is greatly appreciated.

Your right that even using the cart shortcode will not help because it is indeed just a link.

This may be a solution if we can indeed embed shortcodes in a products description.

Market Press shortcodes come in almost every flavor I can think of.

TIP: Shortcode Reference plugin - shows shortcodes available in the editing and post creation WYSIWYG normally right side towards bottom - great tool.

What I propose is that you create all three products and on the first product in its description code embed applicable shortcodes for the remaining two products into the description of the first product.

I know it is kind of wild but just trying to come up with a workable solution.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• Mark Wallace

I would imagine it wouldnt be that hard for the Marketpress Dev to create a useable URL for each product, but who am I to question the complexity of that coding task...

yeah when i first started creating website, couldn't understand why when i typed "Join Here" on a web page it dint let any one sigh up. lol

then i learned a little HTML and even less CSS, and thought i was on my way to being good at this, then someone mentioned JS, and php and other tings that i still try to avoid if possible. lol

What you can do now is open a "Feature Request" thread, and post the link back here. I will add my +1 vote and we can see if we can get other MarketPress users to vote this into a future update! :slight_smile:

Thanks!
    Be Blessed!

• youritguy

I ended up having to creatively use my own solution, which was to create a "dummy page" that is simply just a page with the product_id shortcode, so when my custom "buy button" was clicked, it took to this page that would display the Product item with the buy button created by marketpress.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/marketpress-buy-product-url-request?replies=1#post-340011

I created a request in the features request forum, please +1 it!
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/marketpress-buy-product-url-request

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.