marketpress price display at beginning of post

How do I get the product’s price to display at the beginning of a product’s post?

Right now the user has to scroll down to the end of a product’s description to add a product in a cart and then the user has to scroll back up to see if the product was added to the cart. If I can display the product near the beginning of the post then it will save a lot of scrolling back and forth.

Or, it will be great if the shopping cart widget slides down the page and remains in view as the user reads a product’s description. This is the favorable method. Is there an easy way to do this?

I am using gridmarket theme.

• Atlanta
    • Syntax Hero

Hi @unofficially, welcome to Wpmu:slight_smile:

I want to hardcode something in the page so that the admins don’t have to add it to each product’s post.

I tried displaying the above shortcode in sidebar widgets but it shows when there is no product on the screen so that it is confusing to a buyer.

I also tried adding widget logic to the shortcode widget

if ( class_exists( ‘MarketPress’ )

but that didn’t work. No price showed.

Is there a better set of widget logic rules that I can use to only get the price to display on a product’s page?

• Brian Purkiss
    • Smushie Pies

If you are comfortable with WordPress theming, you could create your own template for the individual product’s page, then hardcode that shortcode in directly or create a new widget area. Dealer’s choice.

I’ve attached a text file that goes over how to do MarketPress theming.

You could also give Dynamic Widgets a try. Dynamic Widgets is a fantastic WordPress plugin that allows you to choose when and why widgets appear.

I hope that helps! If you need any further clarification, or if I did not properly answer your question, please don’t hesitate to ask.

• Tom Eagles
    • Syntax Hero

Hiya, just going through some of the older threads here.

As it’s been a little while since we last heard from you I thought I’d check in to see how you’re going?

If you’re still looking for some further assistance with this thread then please feel free to reopen the thread or of course for any new and related issues you are most welcome to open a new thread.

Cheers!

Tom

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.