Marketpress prices all showing as zero

Since the last update I’ve been having problems importing product prices into Marketpress. Can someone please confirm the field / fields I should be using. Everything is showing as £0.00 and I can’t work it out! I’m using WP All Import which has always worked fine before.

Thanks!

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello @sequin,

I hope you are having a good day and thanks for the asking. :slight_smile:

I’ve tested WP Import with Market-press on my sandbox site. However I’ve seen that its including price information in exported xml file. Could you please give a default WordPress import a try with xml ? Please go to Tools > Import and then upload exported file and try to import.

Let me know how it goes for you. ?

Cheers,

Milan Savaliya.

• sequin
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Milan,

Sorry – I don’t know how I would import my file using the standard WordPress import? I’m trying to import a product feed and map it to the Marketpress product fields so it’s not a direct upload. I don’t have a problem importing anything except the price so I think it’s just the price field name I have an issue with rather than anything else. I thought it should be “regular_price” but that doesn’t seem to work.

The other problem I’m having is that I can set up product attributes but they don’t show on the new product form so I can’t apply them to my products.

Thanks,

Mel

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello @sequin,

I hope you are having a good day and sorry for late prompt. :slight_smile:

Download from feed URL option is only available in pro version of WP All Import so i can’t test it on my sandbox site. But Would you please grant me support staff access so that I can check in depth regarding your issue things like how you setup and whats you specified feed URL is rendering ?. You can grant me support access via WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access.

Looking forward to hearing back from you. :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Milan Savaliya.

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello @sequin,

I hope you are having a good day and sorry for being late here.

I can confirm that third party plugin “WP ALL Import” is not working well with Marketpress. :slight_frown:

Our developer have planned to release import functionality in Marketpress soon but it will take some time to finalized it. Meanwhile can you give our Snapshot Pro a try if you are replicating whole site ?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/snapshot/

Or you can use some nice CSV exporter and importer like this one,

https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-csv-exporter/

https://wordpress.org/plugins/csv-importer/

Best Regards,

Milan Savaliya.

• sequin

Hi Milan,

If I can’t import my products then duplicating the site isn’t really worth it. Having paid for the Pro version of All Import, I’d really like to keep using it – it works fine with every other field and every other post type so the issue is clearly MarketPress related and only since the last updates when every single product price in my database was deleted!

Is there any reason why the price field would work differently since the major update? I can’t afford to wait for inbuilt functionality – I use daily imports to keep products up to date and my site is going downhill fast.

Mel

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi sequin

I hope you had a wonderful day and hope you don’t mind me chimming in here.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with the latest version of the MP and that support is taking some time, we are experiencing increased number of threads and are doing our best to keep up with everyone.

Would you mind allowing support access so we can have a closer look at this?

To enable support access you can follow this guide here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

As you said “Is there any reason why the price field would work differently since the major update?”, actually I don’t think the price fields work differently in the latest update, but there might be something which is creating the problem and not showing the actual price. And I also believe, those are not lost yet. We have received complains like this before, but updating with the next release fixes those most of the time.

However, I can tell you better after I have a look inside your site.

Have a nice day. Cheers!

Rupok

• sequin

Thanks Rupok. I am having the same problem on two different sites – MilkChic (was working fine previously) and MyStyleCraving (similar setup but I’ve started again from scratch here so may well be something I’ve mis-copied…:wink:

Have enabled support access on both.

Mel

• sequin

Hi Kasia,

I've added it to the MyStyleCraving import and it's definitely done something. Watching the products create, it appears they import with a price initially, but by the time the product fully saves, the price is overwritten with £0.00

Any ideas?

Mel

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Mel,

Is there a possibility I could get copy of the WP All Import Pro for test purposes from you? It will give more field for troubleshooting this issue and finding right solution.

If yes, you can either send me FTP access or just send link to zipped plugin with URL of the feed I have to get working.

Also – when you said it was working before update – you mean before 3.0.0.7 in 3.0.0.6 MarketPress or in version 2.X?

You can send in the following via our secure contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/ :

– Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Kasia Swiderska

– Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.

– Link back to this thread

– Include FTP log-in details (hostname, username & password) or link to zipped file (on dropbox or google drive)

– URL of the feed

– Include any relevant URLs for your site

IMPORTANT: Please make sure you select “I have a different question” for your topic, so it doesn’t go back to the forums – this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

kind regards,

Kasia

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Mel,

I’ve tested you feed on clean local site and – I used only two fields sort_price and regular_price (and I imported only 30 records from feed) – but prices were imported without problem.

I’ve made second test and change one product price, and then I run import again. And again product price was updated.

So fields are OK – and reason must be somewhere else. Would you mind if I’ll make copy of your site to run it on localhost and do more troubleshooting?

kind regards,

Kasia

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi sequin

Hope you had a wonderful day.

I don’t see @bastetmilo online at this moment so can’t confirm if she made a local copy or not. But if you could create a staging site, that would help us better in investigating the issue further. Because, in staging site, all your server related configurations stay same and it facilitates the troubleshooting process.

Can you please make a staging site and let us know so we can make some tests on that site and try to fix the issue? To know more about creating a staging site, you can visit these articles:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/testing-environment-wordpress/

https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/wordpress-staging-environment/

Have a nice day. Cheers!

Rupok

• sequin

Hi Rupok,

Sorry I missed this reply. I don’t have the disk space to create a staging site and to be honest this problem has been going on for so long that I’m at the stage of giving up on Marketpress completely. I’ve given full access to my ftp – please can you confirm you have tried with a local copy first?

As far as I can work out, it must be something that changed with the massive update to Marketpress, probably compounded by my having to update through several versions at once rather than one at a time. My feeds haven’t changed and my setup hasn’t changed, so I’m a little frustrated that there isn’t some clue as to what might have changed during the updates to cause the issue.

Thanks,

Mel

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello sequin,

I'm extremely sorry on the delay on my end.

I was able to test importing on copy of your site on my local host with template "Awin Maternity all" – so the settings were the same.

On first import attempt all products were removed – so it looked like there is no products in the feed at all. I checked for the feed url on your site and it was the same.

So I run it second time with new template with different option – descriptions and prices only.

Import created products with prices. This means that feed is ok.

Next run – on "Awin Maternity all" updated products with all the options – still prices were set correctly.

I changed few products prices and run import again. And again products prices were updated and set as in the feed.

Settings of your feed are OK. It works on my environment.

Can I try exact steps on your MyStyleCraving site? I will run first import with basic options and the full from the template.

kind regards,

Kasia

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Mel,

Please check mystylecraving site – I checked few pages of products and looks like everything is there.

I had to make three imports – one test with only title, desc, prices and images, it went well – but then I tried template you created – and again all prices were set to 0!

So this lead me to conclusion that there is nothing wrong with feed, or MarketPress or even the WP All import, but with this particular template.

So I created new import from scratch but I copied this time settings from the template and run third time.

And it went well – products were updated, prices are on the place.

So on your other site try to create new imports and run them again.

kind regards,

Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.