Marketpress & Pro Sites Cart Integration

Hi,

I don't intend to give my Pro Sites users the ability to sell products, but instead want to have the e-commerce functionality to work along side selling Pro Sites one-time-use upgrades (e.g. theme customization packages). Is Marketpress a solution for this or is there another e-commerce solution you might recommend?

• Rupok

Hi James,

Well, you can do this with MarketPress, but I'm not sure how you are going to restrict them from adding other products on their subsite. Because, when a user signs up for a site, his default user role is "admin" for that subsite, and if you allow them to use MarketPress or any other E-Commerce products, then they will be able to add more products and we can't make sure he won't add and sell other products.

However, I think I have got a workaround which might serve your purpose. Please check the following steps carefully:

# At first install and activate MarketPress network wide.
    # Install and network activate "https://wordpress.org/plugins/admin-menu-editor/" plugin .
    # Install and network activate "New Blog Template" plugin.
    # Now choose a subsite for creating a template.
    # Go to that subsite "Dashboard > Settings > Menu Editor" option.
    # Hide the "Add New Product" menu by adding "super_admin" extra capability requirement. Please check the attached screenshot for reference.

# Add your desired products which you want to be in all Pro Sites subsites.
    # Now create a blog template with this subsite with New Blog Template plugin. You will get full usage guide of this plugin here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/new-blog-template/#product-usage
    # In New Blog Template settings, enable "Show Template Selection on Registration". This will show your users this template when they are signing up for a Pro Site.
    # When they select your blog template and sign up for a Pro Site, it will be an exact clone of the blog template you created.
    # As a result, in their new site, "Add New Product" menu won't be visible for them because they are not super admin.

I believe, in this way you can achieve your target.

Please let us know if you have any confusion or if you are stuck at any point. We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• James

Sorry, I wasn't clear about my needs. I would simply like to sell one-time upgrades (professional services like custom theme development) to Pro Sites purchasers during their registration process.

so, for example (doesn't have to work EXACTLY like this), a visitor clicks "sign up" under a pro sites option, fills in their user info, on the next page they fill in their payment info. somewhere in, on, or in-between those two pages, i'd like to give them add-on options they can add to their cart before completing the purchase.

is something, anything like this possible without custom development? if custom development is needed, i can get in there and knock something out, but would prefer to have something usable rather quickly. I'm building a quick proof-of-concept, and would like to whip something up without too much hassle. if it requires custom dev, any pointers you can pass along from the dev team there?

• Ash

Hello there

I am sorry that's not possible without custom development. Pro sites doesn't really maintain any cart, so that you can't add any product into the same checkout process. It has to be custom, also you have to modify the checkout process of pro sites.

You will get all gateway related files in /wp-content/plugins/pro-sites/pro-sites-files/gateways/ folder. If you want to keep it easier, then you may use a different checkout process for the e-commerce service selling.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have any.

Cheers
    Ash