Marketpress problem with checkout page

Hi
I have numerous problems with this plugin.
I wrote quite few tickets on this and still have problems make it function as it is meant to function !
So I have installed a new Wordpress and very few plugins only WPMUDEV ones .
I installed a fresh MarketPress and the goal is to solve my issues ( product attributes, product variant , Checkout page , etc.....) and find out when it starts going wrong ....

... Ok problem 1 :
I cannot checkout .
I do not find the default store pages that i have inherited in the other installs.
So I do not have a checkout page !
I put the shortcode [mp_checkout] in a page and it still does not work !

2- If I go to another Market install , I cannot even see what is in the pre-installed checkout page ! the editor comes out with an error (why that ? what is so special in it that generates an error ?
I open the platform . Can you help me to checkout ! thanks

• Vaughan

Hi dubernet,

Hope you're well?

Did you go through the quick setup guide? This would have created the pages for you.

You can manually assign pages as Store pages in the Presentation settings.

But you do need to create a store & products page (I see these were missing in your boutique subsite.)

I have added these pages, & the products pages and checkout seem to work ok. You had also used the wrong shortcode in the Cart Page.

You had used mp_cart_widget & not [mp_cart]

Checkout should be ok now, It worked for me.

However, you are using Stripe Gateway & this does require that your site use SSL, currently you don't seem to have an SSL certificate at all, so you will not be able to use Stripe at all until you have a valid cert. You may need to ask your webhost about that.

Hope this helps

• dubernet

Hifgh Vaughan
    Thanks for that
    . For info , there is an option for stripe settings that I selected for not using SSL ( which is good enough to test)
    - Is there a doc of all the shortcodes and what they do ?
    When you try to include one with the editor mp-checkout is NOT is the list ... so there might be more ??

Question to you:
    Product Variation:
    - Set default ?? if set I would expect that when displaying a product , it comes set up with this variation .
    It does not , and I cannot comprehend the way to use this.
    As a side effect , when a product is loaded ,only the image from the set default is loaded because but then the corresponding text displayed is not the additional text from this variation but the Object description instead ! Is this a bug?

- How can I have more than one image describing on variation ?
    - In general , how can I have more than one image representing an object if it has variation ...it seems that I have the possibility only if the product has no variation !
    Thanks for your answer.
    Thierry
    -

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Thierry!

. For info , there is an option for stripe settings that I selected for not using SSL ( which is good enough to test)

Yes, that will work well as long as you are only testing so it's a handy option when you are building your site. Once you decide to go live and still use Stripe, you will want to take care of SSL certification for your site though. For development the "no SSL" option is perfectly fine.

- Is there a doc of all the shortcodes and what they do ?
    When you try to include one with the editor mp-checkout is NOT is the list ... so there might be more ??

The editor "Add E-Commerce Short Code" button includes shortcodes that can be used "anywhere across the site". There are also some "special purpose" shortcodes. Usually, they are added to relevant pages (such as e.g. checkout page) during MarketPress setup process. These shortcodes that may be good to know are:

[mp_list_products] - for "Products" page

[mp_cart] - for "Cart" page

[mp_checkout] - for "Checkout" page

[mp_order_lookup_form] Your message here [/mp_order_lookup_form]
    and
    [mp_order_status]
    for "Order Status" page

Set default ?? if set I would expect that when displaying a product , it comes set up with this variation . (...) As a side effect , when a product is loaded ,only the image from the set default is loaded because but then the corresponding text displayed is not the additional text from this variation but the Object description instead

If you create multiple variations and set one of them as default, the "initial" product page will use an image from that variation but the variation is not selected from the drop-down list and the description comes from "general" product description.

Our developers are aware of some issues with variation products and are looking to improve that however I'm not able to give you any ETA on this.

- How can I have more than one image describing on variation ?
    - In general , how can I have more than one image representing an object if it has variation ...it seems that I have the possibility only if the product has no variation !

Products with "variations" do not support images other than those added to variations and this is also something that has already been raised and passed to the developers. I hope they'll make it possible to use more images in that case but I don't have an ETA on this as well.

Best regards,
    Adam