Marketpress: Product and category pages are totally blank

I have added two products to my test site. Both products appear if I use the "mp_list_products" shortcode on a static page. But I get a completely blank page (no header, no sidebar, nothing) on the auto-generated products page. See here. I also get a totally blank page on the auto-generated category page; see here. And browsing by tag also produces completely blank pages.

I read in the forum that this may be a result of out-of-memory issues. I haven't encountered this before anywhere within my multi-site setup. How do I know if this is the problem before I try to change memory limits? (I'm on a shared host, so this may require contacting my host provider, which is never fun.)

UPDATE: I just added "define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '64M');" to my WP-Config file and I still get blank pages.

I also note that the two auto-generated URLs don't start out the same (bestrppc.com/real-photo-postcards/store versus just bestrppc.com/store) -- this seems very odd to me.

• Robert

I installed TPC! Memory Usage to see if it could provide any clues. It says that my WP and PHP memory limits are both 64MB, and that peak usage (so far) has been 38MB.

I started recording log files with my host (GoDaddy, sad to say). When no files appeared after a bit, I called Support and was told I might have to wait 24 hours before any info registers in the logs. (Good grief!) After 4 hours or so, I finally see one log file with one piece of info. It says:

[Thu Jul 07 20:17:08 2011] [error] [client 66.249.67.227] Request exceeded the limit of 10 internal redirects due to probable configuration error. Use 'LimitInternalRecursion' to increase the limit if necessary. Use 'LogLevel debug' to get a backtrace.

Problem is, the entry is so vague, I have no idea if this is related to our problem or to something else. Also, I have little to no idea what it means. I will add more log info if and when it appears.

I did notice one thing when I was trying to open the auto-generated pages to induce an error for the log: Usually I got a totally blank page. Once in a while I got an internal server error page. Does this help?

Need I add that other people seem to having the same or similar problems: shortcode product pages load OK, plug-in auto-generated pages come out blank or cause errors. I also note that some of us are using W3 Total Cache. Could this be an issue?

• Saunt Valerian

Caching is an issue. I'm still troubleshooting the same (or very similar problem), except that consistently get 503 internal sever errors on product pages and the global pages render nothing.

I did setup a fresh WPMU install on the same server. And loaded in marketpress and it works fine (product pages load anyhow, I'm no where near done testing it.) I run a theme on my main site that has caused me problems in the past as well as about 75 plugins. I am beginning to suspect it is a conflict. Keep working on yours, and I will keep working on mine and hopefully we can discover a solution

I am favoriting this thread so I can track you progress.

• Robert

I am using W3 Total Cache, not W3C Total Cache -- I assume that's just a typo?

I did as you suggest; I turned W3TC completely off and removed all related code from my htaccess file. The auto-generated pages still do not work. There is one difference, however. Now I consistently get an "Internal Server Error" page, rather than a blank page.

I am now getting info in my error logs. The most common error is this one:

[Sat Jul 09 15:10:55 2011] [error] [client xx.xx.xx.xx] Request exceeded the limit of 10 internal redirects due to probable configuration error. Use 'LimitInternalRecursion' to increase the limit if necessary. Use 'LogLevel debug' to get a backtrace.

I have also received a small number of these:

[Sat Jul 09 13:34:01 2011] [warn] [client xx.xx.xx.xx] (104)Connection reset by peer: mod_fcgid: error reading data from FastCGI server
    [Sat Jul 09 13:34:01 2011] [error] [client xx.xx.xx.xx] Premature end of script headers: index.php

Hopefully these mean something to you.

• Robert

SV, thanks for your note. I just finished creating a clean local install of MarketPress plus my theme (Suffusion) for testing. With no other plug-ins installed, the auto-generated pages are working fine. So it does look like the problem is a plug-in conflict. And I am using Sharedaddy, so very likely that's the source of my problem as well. I'll test it shortly to see if I can confirm that. I agree that it's too bad about Sharedaddy -- I really like it's look and functionality, and will be sorry to see it go.

I haven't had a chance to try the shortcode attributes (which also weren't working in my full install, as per my other thread) -- I'll get to them shortly. I leave early tomorrow for a week in the Sierras, so I may not be able to post any updates on either issue until next week.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.