MARKETPRESS : PRODUCT ATTRIBUTES NOT EDITABLE

Hi Panos,
I closed the previous thread as you asked.
https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/product-attributes-not-editable#post-1161219
I open this one .
I have updated to the new marketpress version and installed the 3 php files you sent me.
The problem still remains. I cannot edit the product attributes ( http://cbespritfrintegration.apps-1and1.net/boutique/wp-admin/admin.php?page=store-settings-productattributes&action=mp_edit_product_attribute&attribute_id=5 )
why does it work on your test site and not on mine anymore?
The login credentials are the same.
Thanks to have a look.
Thierry

• Rupok

Hi Thierry,

So sorry to hear that it's still not working after replace those 3 files. I'm pinging Panos to have a look at this and provide his valuable feedback here.

Please keep in mind, our SLS people work round the clock and they have to deal with lots of critical issues and other things. So it may take a little while for them to check this and provide a feedback.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• dubernet

Hi Rupok,
    It is not the same value you give to " critical issue"that what I define as such ..., because you deal with technical matters, it might appear less critical because it is on an integration platform but , it is also very critical for me that it get solved .. and I have been stuck for 2 months with this issue and others in Marketpress , and it is not solved ....
    I had to make the decision go live with this bug , trusting you to solve it .... if you see what I mean !
    So I hope that you do not put my problem low into your list because it is on an integration platform !
    I potentially lose money everyday because this is not beeing solved !
    but I do understand what you mean and have no choice but to be patient and full of trust ....
    Have a nice day Rupok and thanks for communicating with me like that the week after I renewed my membership .... you make me feel good !
    no worries ... just my sarcastic sense of humour ....

• Panos

Hey dubernet ,

I'm really sorry as I had a look on this issue again and came up with a different approach which requires less modifications and is more stable and hopefully it will be simple to use.

You can restore previous changes to how they were before changing files. I have already restored them in the test site, please let me know if you need assistance restoring on your live site.

Then replace file
    wp-content/plugins/marketpress/includes/admin/class-mp-ajax.php
    with the one attached here.

I have already replaced it on test site where you can test it.

Here is a screencast you can watch for demonstration taken from your test site:
    http://www.screencast.com/t/nXqi84JUjrIq

Please let me know how this works for you!

Thanks!
    Panos

• Panos

Hi Thierry,

You can click on the "Add Product Attribute" to expand the tab as in the screenshot that follows:

Once you click it, it should remain expanded for any future visits except if it gets collapsed again.

However I also noticed that I was unable to edit products or even pages in that specific sub-site. I deactivated the "MarketPress Mojo" plugin and seems to be working again. I have left it activated so you can confirm this issue. If you deactivate it you should be able to edit products and pages again.

Cheers!
    Panos

• dubernet

You know what Panos ,
    sometimes , the most obvious thing ! I would never have clicked on Add attribute if I do not need a new one ! and just have the need to edit an existing attribute !!!
    Many thanks for that ...
    I confirm that I have the same problem as you with the MP-MOJO plugin ....
    I will contact the owner of the plugin and let you know.

------
    So now for my life platform, do I do the ajax change you suggested because there , I also have the same problem , when I press "add attributes" nothing happens and I cannot edit them ! but I can edit products and pages when MP-mojo is activated !
    What do you think ?

• Panos

Hi Thierry,

If I understood correctly, in your live site when you have the MP-mojo activated, you can edit products and pages but when you click on the "Add Attribute" button (from Store Settings > Product Attributes) nothing happens?

If so, does it work if the MP-mojo is deactivated? Could you also provide access in live site so I can have a look there?

Please let me know if I have understood wrong about your question :slight_smile:

Thanks!
    Panos

• Panos

Hey dubernet ,

It doesn't seem to be the MP mojo plugin in the live site as I deactivated it and still the Add new Attributes wouldn't load. Could you confirm this? (I was checking in the Boutique sub-site)

It looks like something is removing these meta boxes. I have downloaded the entire Marketpress folder to my localhost, just in case there were any modifications in the plugin's files that would cause this, but I couldn't replicate, so it's not the plugin.

I would suggest you run a plugin conflict test by deactivating all plugins and see if the issue still exists. If it doesn't, you can start activating plugins one by one and each time check if this issue appears again.

In case you have any caching going on I would recommend to deactivate it temporarily.

Thanks!
    Panos

• dubernet

Hi Panos
    I have done hide and seek with plugins compatbility problems on my cbespritfrinegration platform .( as you suggested)
    I have deactivated everything ( network and boutique ) bar MarketPress , MP Mojo ( which uses marketPress ) and MPT updater (which gives the licences to MP Mojpo I believe )
    I started from there
    So .... the metaboxes appeared and I was unable ( after hours of plugin switch on/off !) to locate what is the plugin responsible for the product attributes not working !

But, as you already noticed, the products cannot be edited (, pages and articles too ) , if one of the following plugins are activated on the network level (:
    WPMUDEV Dashboard, Defender, Domain multisite, Postindexer, snapshot, ultimate branding, Upfront builder ....
    and the non WPMU DEV plugins . Watu and Watu to mail chimp

If all of that is network deactivated ... Marketpress works fine and product attributes can be edited .
    If I go to the boutique subsite, and I activate JetPack ( with all options in it disabled!) , then the product editing do not work anymore .

!!! I have left the platform in working order with these plugins deactivated
    I must say , I do not understand
    Thanks to have a look !
    Thierry

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.