MarketPress: Product can be ordered, even with 0 quantity

Hi,
I launched a registration (products) this morning, but I am seeing orders for items where there is now 0 stock. I have checked the settings and the box is checked that out of stock items should be hidden, so I am not sure why people are able to add the out of stock variable to their cart and complete the checkout process. The quantity on the confirmation says "0", but I am sure that people think they have successfully placed an order, when they haven't.

If you need access, I will need to give you my login info (the WMUDEV dashboard is not functioning properly and I have not had an opportunity to test out the problems late at night when the site receives little activity.

*I did see a similar question that was submitted yesterday, but there wasn't answer, yet. My internet search did not bring up any recent questions with the same issue.

Thank you.

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @halos_glow,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I am unable to replicate this issue on my own website. When its out of stock I am unable to add that product into cart. Instead of add to cart button there is wording "Out of stock" showing as seen in attached screenshot.

Make sure you have not enabled "Allow this product to be purchased even if it's out of stock" option on inventory management (see screenshot).

If you are still getting this issue then make sure its not a plugin or theme conflict as described in getting support manual.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:
    Cheers, Sajid

• Dana
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Sajid,
    Thank you for the fast reply.

I do not have the box to enable/disable "Allow this product to be purchased even if it's out of stock" option on inventory management. I am using variables, as the product are free tours that our groups is allowing people to sign up for, so each variable is a different time slot, and we have a firm "inventory" of spots at each time.

Also, I have directed people to the products page to sign up. This allows them to add each tour in succession without having to open several pages. Because I am using variables, I assume "out of stock" will not appear until all of the variable have been spoken for.

The website is schea.net and the registration (store/products) page is: http://schea.net/store/hsdatc2016/ .

Thank you,
    Dana

• Panos
    • SLS

Hello Dana,
    Hope you had a lovely weekend!

For each variation you should have the option to manage it's inventory and allow/disallow it of being purchased if out of stock.

In your product's page, scroll to the Product Variations section, which displays the list of the variations in a table. For each variation, click on the button on the last column with the title 'More', or at the little pencil icon next to the variation's price field.

In the window that pops up make sure the 'Track Product Inventory' is checked so that the Quantity option appears along with the option to "Allow this product to be purchased even if it's out of stock"

I have attached an image to better describe where to look.

I hope you found this helpful! Please let us know if there is something else you need concerning this or any other matter :slight_smile:

Kind regards,
    Panos

• Dana

Hi Panos,
    I just checked each variable and they already have the box checked beside "Track Product Inventory" and there is no check mark in the box beside " "Allow this product to be purchased even if it's out of stock".

Each variable already looks just like the screenshot, but I can still put the variable in my cart and go through the check out process, thereby giving the impressing that the time slot (product) can be reserved.

I am not sure what else is missing because everything seems right on my end, but it is not showing up the way it should on the Products page.

Thanks,
    Dana

• Panos
    • SLS

Hello Dana,
    Hope you are having a great weekend :slight_smile:

Sure you can! You can send you login credentials privately through our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Send in:Subject: "Attn: Panos Lyrakis”
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - login url
    - link back to this thread for reference : https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/marketpress-product-can-be-ordered-even-with-0-quantity
    - any other relevant urls

Cheers,
    Panos

• Dana

Hi Panos,
    I found a "work around" for this issue :slight_smile: I had to go in and save the product as a draft once the the tickets were out, so it didn't show up with the rest of the products. I don't think I will need this plugin again until later this year, so hopefully it will work as it should when I re-activate it :slight_smile:

Thanks,
    Dana

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.