Marketpress Product Creation Page "Page Attributes" option?

Hi there,
is there an option to add "Page Attributes" to Product creation page?

Now I made mp_product.php template. And that's ok. Single product page displays it great. Is there a posibility to add another "mp_product.php"-like template, so I'd have an option to select between two? Like the normal/basic page/post creation page has to select whitch template I'd like to use for that particular page/post?

So what's the usecase: I'd like to have 2 types of templated product pages. 1st for "standard" products (like "pet food" etc.) and 2nd for eBook which is different in presentation (different template).

So basically I'd need 2 custom templates for single product page and ability to select between two when creating new product - "Page Attributes" like behavior.

Is that somehow possible, any ideas?

Thanks,
Alan

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey Alan,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

I'm not aware of an option having two templates for the same post type but reading through your question does give me an idea you can try by using only one template.

How about you use two different categories, "Pet Food" and "eBook" and based on that categories use different templates.
    For example it will look something like this:

if ( in_category( 'pet-food' )) {
        // Template for Pet Food
    } elseif ( in_category( 'ebook' ) ) {
        // Template for eBook
    } else {
        // Default template
    }

Would this work for you?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Alan Ristić

Predrag thanks for great idea for using categories or even tags. It's easy to implement and does the job done with just basic CSS styling. It'll do for now for sure. As for the future and clients work I'll do some custome selection dropdown or something, no big deal. I just thought I missed something and didn't want to invent "hot water" :wink:

Another (more clumsy) way to achieve this I thought of is to just make a normal page with VC and use shortcodes. But then I loose product listing etc. Your solution is far better.

Thanks for fast and detailed answer and keep the great support rolling. Great. :punch:

Best Regards,
    Alan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.