MarketPress Product Image Gallery and MarketPress help!

Hey there

I am new to your plugins but loving them so far

I am working on the store and saw 1 issue there, that someone else mentioned - my theme seems to put a huge image at the top of the product page - I would like it to not do that but not sure how or why it is doing it.

Second I found the product image gallery - it is exactly what I was hoping for except it doesn't work fully for me for some reason
It shows up but you can't move though the pictures and the scroller does nothing.

I could let you guys in to the site if you could help me a bit! Thanks

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi @Miz Cozma,

Thank you for your reply.

We need to access the product page on your site to see which huge image at the top of the product page you are referring but we can't access your site as we need to login to access it.

Could you please grant us temporary support staff access on your site as described by @Vaughan in his previous reply so that we can help you?

Are you getting duplicate double images on your product page?

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Miz Cozma

Hello

Sorry for the delay - got a bit busy.

I have managed to sort a few things myself but have new questions :slight_smile:

Before I bought the marketpress plugin I asked a couple questions, one being

"1. Can I on the main store page... show say 4 rows of products, each row being from a different category. So row 1 would show the 5 latest products in say calendars... row 2 would show 5 latest from say general books... and so on... is this do able? woocommerce charges an extra 50 dollars for that feature!"

The response:
    Yes you can! Our MarketPress eCommerce plugin includes shortcodes that can be used almost anywhere in order to display what'd like. Please check my screenshot regarding this :slight_smile:

So I did and I applied shortcodes to my store page... and yay got 2 of my categories to show in rows of 5.

I tried attaching a picture to show you the issue I had, but no luck, no attach button after I selected the image. But basically, the images are not lining up in a straight line - 3 same height the next 2 a bit lower.

Also I have 2 drop down menus above each row. For category and order by - I would like to replace those with just showing the category for each row..

I hope that makes sense.

Above the row on the left it would be the category like "calendars"
    under that there would be the 5 thumbnails

under that would be say "general books"
    and under would be the 5 thumbnails

and so on :slight_smile:

I have a couple other questions but we will start there :slight_smile:

I am granting access to my site - please let me know if it works.
    I am around today too, if maybe I can get a live chat going

Thanks

oh my picture showed up so you can see what I mean! Cool!

• Miz Cozma

Ok a little update. While I was waiting for a response - somehow the thumbnails managed to line up right. and a nice guy in the live chat helped me make all the buttons blue!

So now I just need to know how to change the 2 drop down boxes to just text with the names of the categories..

and one other thing - on that store page, I would rather just have the thumbnails with their names and remove the price and add to cart. I figured out how to do it.. in template-functions.php but when I tried to make a copy of the template-functions.php in my child theme.. it didn't work.

I tried just copying it into my child theme, when that didn't work I tried making a marketpress folder and moved it in there..still nothing. Then I thought oh ya it is originally in a directory above all themes - plugin. So how can I do this without over writing the original plugin

Thanks again :slight_smile:

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi @Miz Cozma,

So now I just need to know how to change the 2 drop down boxes to just text with the names of the categories..

You can just hide the product filters by setting the filters argument of mp_list_products shortcode to 0 and add the category names in h2 tag as following.

<h2>Calendars</h2>
    [mp_list_products paginate="false" page="1" list_view="0" per_page="5" order_by="date" order="DESC" category="calendars" filters="0"]
    <h2>General</h2>
    [mp_list_products paginate="false" page="1" list_view="0"  per_page="5" order_by="date" order="DESC" category="general" filters="0"]

Also just add the following CSS code in the style.css file of your child theme or add it in your site using the following plugin so that the category title will display in black color on white background.

http://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-custom-css

body.page-id-23877 .wri_content_clear_both h2 {
         color: #000;
         margin: 20px 0 0 0;
    }

and one other thing - on that store page, I would rather just have the thumbnails with their names and remove the price and add to cart. I figured out how to do it.. in template-functions.php but when I tried to make a copy of the template-functions.php in my child theme.. it didn't work.

The template-functions.php file is not a template file therefore it doesn't get overwritten in the child theme.

If you have made the changes in the function mp_list_products() or any other function wrapping in function_exists condition in the template-functions.php file then just revert that changes as these changes will be overwritten and lost when you update the plugin and you will have to make these again after plugin updation.

After reverting the changes copy paste the original function definition in the new file called template-functions.php and add that file in to wp-content/mu-plugins folder. Don't forget to add the function in the opening and closing PHP tags in file template-functions.php If the mu-plugins folder doesn't exist then create new one in the wp-content folder.

Find more information about mu-plugins folder on the following page.

http://codex.wordpress.org/Must_Use_Plugins

Best Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Miz Cozma

Oh Thank you Vinod!

Your feedback was very helpful. I didn't end up using the mu-plugin but did find a way to css some things out of my world hehe

My store page is looking closer to the way I want it! Thanks

I did have 2 other issues that I have been trying to resolve. Maybe you could help.

On the store page - I have 4 rows, each a different category showing the 5 most recent. Under each row, that has more then 5 products in the category, there is a link Next Page » - What I would really like that to be, is a link to the main category page - So it would say instead More General Books » and then take them to the general books section. But can't figure out how.
      I have tried taking off paginate, but I still get the Next Page option

Is there a way to block the Next Page and instead I would add a link like I did with the category titles... here is the code as it stands.

<h2><a href="http://dev.sikhfoundation.org/store/products/category/calendars/">Calendars</a></h2>
      [mp_list_products paginate="false"  page="1" list_view="0"  per_page="5"  order_by="date" order="DESC" category="calendars" filters="0"]
      <h2><a href="http://dev.sikhfoundation.org/store/products/category/general/">General</a></h2>
      [mp_list_products paginate="false" page="1"  list_view="0"  per_page="5" order_by="date" order="DESC" category="general" filters="0"]
      <h2><a href="http://dev.sikhfoundation.org/store/products/category/childrens/">Childrens</a></h2>
      [mp_list_products paginate="false" page="1" list_view="0"  per_page="5" order_by="date" order="DESC" category="childrens" filters="0"]
      <h2><a href="http://dev.sikhfoundation.org/store/products/category/sikh-painting/">Sikh Painting</a></h2>
      [mp_list_products paginate="false" page="1"  list_view="0"  per_page="5" order_by="date" order="DESC" category="sikh-painting" filters="0"]

My final big issue is baffling me. When I go to the main category page of any category - the products there are listing 3 times.. screen shot included.

So many things I figured out, so many things this site has helped me sort out!
      Great community!!

Thanks again - the site is under lockdown due to being made online. But if you need me to open it for you - just let me know when you might be around next or if you just need me to open access to you :slight_smile:

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @Miz Cozma,

Hope you're well today! :slight_smile:

You'll have the same output multiple times as it stands because you have the same shortcode multiple times.

[mp_list_products paginate="false" page="1" list_view="0" per_page="5" order_by="date" order="DESC" category="childrens" filters="0"]

But you do have the category parameter different in each one, which would normally mean those products that show the same, they're in all categories? Or at least the same one that you have in your shortcode?

If so, we'll need to categorize a bit differently, perhaps hide the categorize and then use the shortcode to actually order the products.

For the link, we could remove the pagination using css and then you could add a link at the bottom of the page if that would work for you? :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Miz Cozma

Ok I am back, had a issue where the site wouldn't let me respond to anything but it was quickly resolved when I wrote in about it!

So I have managed to hide the pagination on the main store page and replaced it with links to view all for each category!!! Happy Me! Got it figured out by analyzing code offered here and rewriting it a bit! happy me. When this is all said and done, I am so going to post how I made my shop page!! as it is turning out amazing so far.

The shop page is pretty much done whoohoo

All that remains is the issue of the repeating on the category pages..

So as I read your post I am wondering - do the category pages use the same "store" page - as only in the store page do I have all the shortcodes that show 5 products per category and display 4 categories.

To make sure things are clear

Store page
    - I want 4 rows of 5 thumbnails
    - Each row is a different category, that shows the latest 5 products in that category
    - Under each row has a link that says "view all" if there is more then 5 products in the category - that link leads to that categories "archive" page

This all works!!!

But the issue is when I go to the "View all" of any category
    - the page shows 20 products from that category and the pagination that leads to the next 20 products in the same category.

- but then right after that pagination - the same list appears 2 more times

So is this due to the store page and the archive pages for categories - reading from the same spot..

the reply
    "If so, we'll need to categorize a bit differently, perhaps hide the categorize and then use the shortcode to actually order the products."

I don't really understand.

We are so close, I hope we can figure out this last thing :slight_smile:

Thanks

• Miz Cozma

I checked today and the support section said no one had come in.
    Hope it is working.

I have left it open and extended it as well.
    Sadly as I said I can't leave the site exposed right now
    but hopefully you can get in without passwords.

I tired to send you an private message with passwords in case you do need to login, but couldn't find a place to send a private message to you

I have to leave for work shortly. Will be back around - after work, apx 12:30am EST

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi @Miz Cozma,

The support staff access is not working and is displaying the following message.

Sorry, this is an invalid access token. You must ask the user to grant access.

Would you mind if I logged in to your site using site credentials and did some testing? This might help get to the bottom of this faster. If this is ok, just send log in info through our secured contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/
    - Choose "I have a different question"
    - Include my name in the subject "Vinod Dalvi"
    - Include the URL of this post in your message so that I may track this issue better
    - Include login information (Wordpress admin info username + password )
    - Include FTP Details

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi @Miz Cozma,

Thank you for sending me the site details.

I logged in to your site and saw the following issue in it.

But the issue is when I go to the "View all" of any category
    - the page shows 20 products from that category and the pagination that leads to the next 20 products in the same category.

- but then right after that pagination - the same list appears 2 more times

Could you please tell me what changes you have made in the MarketPress plugin files or changed its functionality in your theme files?

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Miz Cozma

Hello again

So going with your thinking, I did some tests around the site.

I first removed the code I added to the shop page to give me the rows of different categories - to see if this was the cause as suggested above by Jack

Removing the code gave me the standard shop page but the same issue with going to categories and the inventory being shown 3 times..

Then I stripped my site of the custom css I have been developing - I have tried to do all my customizing though the customs css and not editing the core files. - but this did not change the out come.. same issue.

Finally I deactivated the marketpress plugin, deleted it and installed it fresh.
    Still same issue...

So after all this I still can't see what is causing the repetition...

I haven't done anything to my core theme files that I can think of that would effect the store..

Hope this info help :slight_smile:

• Miz Cozma

Wow I am so happy. You lead me down a path that got me to look over everything again, and I finally found what the issue was...

Surprise Surprise - It was a plugin I had installed before I added MarketPress.

As you might know from my other thread - I have been looking for the best way to make "Related Products" be "Related Items" and show both products and posts that relate to each other by tag,

I had installed something before WP Related Items (WRI) and that plugin asked me to install another - YARP - Yet Another Related Posts Plugin

As it turns out the YARP was the problem! it seems it was seeing the full category as related, and posting it twice.. why? I have no idea! but soon as I disable it, the issue was resolved! So bye bye YARP and Bye Bye to the last problem of this oh so long thread!

Thank you for all your help - to you and the team!! I learnt A LOT - You guys helped A LOT and I finally remembered the first rule of Wordpress... if something has gone wrong - it is most likely a plugin!!!!

Thanks again - closing this thread with a big happy face! :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.