Marketpress Product Inventory Changing + Product Page Menu Issues

Greetings WPMUdev, I hope all is well with you all!

I'm having a couple issues with the Marketpress product pages and the product inventories.

1) Seems that if I select to "Track Product Inventory" on the Product Pages (backend) then they will work fine. But it seems they automatically switch to having no inventory.

For example, the "Royal Waters Necklace" in the screenshots (Screenshot 1) shows that the product page (Frontend) is displaying no inventory even though there is 1 listed in stock in the backend.

Screenshot 2 shows that this is the case.

Screenshot 3 shows the overview of the product on the all products page after re-selecting and updating "Track Product Inventory" and selecting 1 in stock. The overview updated showing one in stock, however they change back after some time like you can see with the products above and below with the arrows. They become - or zero and show up with no inventory in the front end. Although in the backend they show up with the proper inventory.

2) Screenshot 1 also shows the second issue regarding the product pages (frontend) themselves. Certain menu items aren't displaying correctly on the product pages. These are the only pages that are having this issue. Is this the same on your end?

I hope you guys can help with these! Looking forward.
Support access is also granted if you'd like to take a look.

Much Love, Much Raspect
Ciro Bey

• Milan

Hello Ciro Bey ,

Hope you are well today and thanks for asking us. :slight_smile:

I can confirm that when product reaches to stock of only 1 in quantity when "track product inventory" is on, it render out of stock on front end. So its very easy to fix, just increase your stock with 1, so it goes not show up out of stock message on product front page. Meantime I will ask our developer why 1 is the minimum tracking amount and if there is way to make it zero . :slight_smile:

I will update you here once I receive some notification from our developer. :slight_smile:

Thanks & Cheers,
    Milan

• Milan

Hello Ciro Bey ,

Hope you are doing well. :slight_smile:

If I have a product that has 5 in stock, do I need to put there are 6?

Actually I rerun few tests on mine and your end too. I can not replicate this issue anymore, Seems like there may be caching issue or what !! ? I just have recreated few new product on your end to be sure issue is not there, on my previous sandbox site issue was there still with one product. But if delete and recreate it I can't replicate this issue anymore. So there is some glitch which I notified to our dev. :slight_smile:

Meantime, can you confirm that you are no longer seeing this issue in action ?
    Cheers,
    Milan

Cheers,
    Milan

• Ciro Bey

That seems to be the case. If the issue does come back up on one of the products I'll try to add +1 to them and see if that fixes it.

However,
    I saw that your test product as well as the product I used as an example here both still had 1 as the product inventory, front end and the back end.

So looks like things were fixed or started to work properly :slight_smile:

Thanks for all your help Milan

13Love,
    Ciro Bey

• Ciro Bey

Milan

This seems to be happening again to products that have something changed within them. In my case I was changing the prices on a few items and once saved, the inventory shows up blank on the front end and the 'All Products' page as well. Another cause may even be clicking the "Quick Edit" without making any changes? I used both the quick edit and regular edit functionalities though.

Hope this may bring some insight to anyone and/or the developers here. I just replaced the inventory once moor as a quick fix, but that may not be a solution in the long run.

13Love,
    Ciro Bey

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Ciro Bey!

It seems that you were able to pinpoint the issue precisely. I run some tests on my end and can fully confirm this:

product becomes out of stock if edited using "Quick Edit" function. This happens regardless whether the stock is at the level of on item or more and it also doesn't matter if you make changes with "Quick Edit" or just hit "save" with no changes.

Fortunately, this doesn't happen when you use a "full edit" so a temporary workaround would be to quite using "Quick Edit" and make all changes with regular "Edit" option. I checked that multiple times and even after "Quick Edit" the "Quantity" is still there so it's enough to update the product via "Edit" instead of "Quick Edit" to bring it back to stock.

I already reported this to developers as a confirmed bug and hopefully they'll be able to fix it soon.

Best regards,
    Adam