MarketPress - Product Listing Only Mode - BUGS

MarketPress Product Listing Only mode looks like exactly what I need right but unfortunately also looks like it was kind of an afterthought.. Found a few bugs that I need some help with. These might be in the manual but unlike the old site, there is not easy link to the manual on the plugin specific page. For something as complex or important as a web store, a clear manual is a big deal

issues / feedback:

1. When you put the plugin into "Product Listings Only" mode, all the tabs except General and Presentation disappear. Including "short codes" No way to see how to get content into your pages... Whoops

2. Why no button/shortcode insert to make it easy for people to get a product or category added to a page? Maybe this is done when in full store mode? Or is the a catalog page that didn't get built?

3. Product Pages could have a little more detail or custom field support. Not trying to make things complicated but all products share a variety of attributes.

4. Price is still showing on the product page even though I am in Product Listing Only mode. If people need that, please include an option to hide it for those that don't need it.

Still trying to get pages setup to show products but hopefully I'll find the manual shortly.

Maybe a suggestion for a future plugin - "Catalog". remove all store functions and make it a tool that people can use to show "items" (products, people whatever). Could be a real winner. Let me know if you do and I'll give you more details on possible feature set

Thanks as always. Keep up the great work!

• aecnu

Greetings ice3studios,

1. When you put the plugin into "Product Listings Only" mode, all the tabs except General and Presentation disappear. Including "short codes" No way to see how to get content into your pages... Whoops

Thank you for pointing out this issue, truly bizarre and I am able to replicate the issue. I had to play with it a little bit but you are spot on with your description of the symptom and simply refreshing the screen offers no relief.

2. Why no button/shortcode insert to make it easy for people to get a product or category added to a page? Maybe this is done when in full store mode? Or is the a catalog page that didn't get built?

You got me on this one. Please clarify what you mean here? And if I am understanding you partially, you are asking about a short code for a single product or category?

3. Product Pages could have a little more detail or custom field support. Not trying to make things complicated but all products share a variety of attributes.

This one I know is for sure in the works, that is all I am allowed to disclose on this subject.

4. Price is still showing on the product page even though I am in Product Listing Only mode. If people need that, please include an option to hide it for those that don't need it.

This would certainly be a feature request though I personally have removed it from the hard code on one clients site and yet another one wanted it. So it is good to have a way to turn it on and off rather then digging into the code.

Maybe a suggestion for a future plugin - "Catalog". remove all store functions and make it a tool that people can use to show "items" (products, people whatever). Could be a real winner. Let me know if you do and I'll give you more details on possible feature set

Great plugin suggestion I do admit and the suggestion can be easily made here:
    http://wpmudev.uservoice.com/

The more popular a request is and the more votes it gets, the more likely it will be considered.

It might have already been suggested. It is worth a quick search to add your votes before submitting a new suggestion.

Please advise on number 2 above.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

• ice3studios

Yes, #2 is wanting an easy way to insert the "product" listing into a page or a product category into a page. I'll include this into my feature request.

Unfortunately I was hoping the "Products Only" option was truly products only. Seems like it's kind of a half step so I'll have to look for another solution for now. I guess I just don't see what "product only" means to the person that coded it

• Aaron

I've fixed in 2.6.1 to show the shortcodes and importers tabs when in listings mode.

As far as a insert button for easily adding shortcodes that's a good idea for a future version. Most people never use a shortcode though as MP generates all the listing pages automatically, along with links to them in your menus.

The price should not be displayed from my recollection when you properly add an external link to the product, as is expected for all products in listings mode. If i'm wrong there I might need to add an option for that, though meanwhile you could hide all prices with a single css rule.