MarketPress Product Tables

Is there a way to put the MarketPress products in a separate table in MySQL? They appear to be in the posts table and I would have thought they would have been in their own table. I'd also like to have addition information (that isn't an attribute) that is in the table and really don't want to mix with my posts.

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello VC Nickels

Do you want to put MP products in a separate table as you already have added all products? Or you want the future products will be added too in the new table?

If the later one, then I am afraid, that is not possible. That won't even work as the plugin uses lots of wordpress' built in functions in many places and that is for fetching data from post table.

If you are done with adding your products, then it might be possible to create a new table and copy all the products post type posts into the new table. But still you have to write your own code to fetch data from there.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

• VC Nickels
      • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Ash,

Thanks. That's what I figured.

I'd like to suggest that MarketPress keep all of it's data outside of the normal WP tables. It seems to me that the posts and posts_meta tables end up a dumping ground for things like this. I get that, technically, everything in WordPress is a post but, to me, that seems like a legacy from the days of WP being strictly a blogging platform.

Segregating different types of data in my mind makes for easier times.

• Ash
        • WordPress Hacker

I agree that custom table will help for custom query and minimize runtime if you have lots of posts in the post table. I am marking this as a feature request for now, let's see how other members think about this :slight_smile:

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
        Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.