MarketPress product variation to capture NAME on shirt

How to setup a MarketPress product variation that allows the buyer to enter their "NAME" so we can print on shirt, shoe, ID card, etc. The marketing materials claims "unlimited" variations, so I believe this is possible, at least I hope it is, but I cannot see how. Please let me know if possible and how if it is.

• jcnjr

Setting up variations is easy, but there is currently an issue with excerpts not displaying for products with variations. The developers are frantically working on an upgrade promised *soon* so you are better off waiting.

FYI: This screenshot should be self-explanatory for adding the variations. Any personalization would have to be done by checking the "Show Special Instructions Field?" field in the MP General Settings. Any such notes would have to be added upon checkout. I don't believe there is an option for adding a text field to a variation, but I'd vote for that feature request! (Once current bugs are fixed.)

• Allen Langford

Thanks for the input. I agree, setting up variations is easy. I guess the "Unlimited Variations" in their marketing of MarketPress really means, "Unlimited Quantity of Variations", not "Types of Variations". To bad. I have to go find another solution. Just started with WPMU DEV. Pretty professional look, but lacking in documentation, examples, and quick support. If they had documentation I would happily find my own answers. Last support inquiry took 2 days to get a response, by then I spent hours and figured out a work around and didn't need the response.

Thanks again.

• jcnjr

Allen Langford You can definitely add multiple different variations for a product, each with their own numerous variants. See the "Add Another Variant" button in my screen shot above.

It does indeed, however, look like there is a problem when trying to add new variations after some have already been created. Setting them up all at once when creating a new product does not seem to be a problem.

Sorry to hear about your experience here. I have never had anything but quick, thorough support compared to other paid plugins.

• Luís

Hi Allen Langford ,

Hope you're doing well today!

Unfortunately, I am not seeing an easy way to do that, but as jcnjr referred, I think that could be a great feature for the MarketPress project, so, I've just moved this over to our Features and Feedback, so it can be taken into consideration for the next plugin updates.

Hopefully some other members will show their support for the feature too, the more members that ask for it the sooner it will happen.

"Show Special Instructions Field?" (Store Settings -> General, Miscellaneous Settings) could be an option for the user insert the name in the checkout, but will need to check the field "Shipping address different than billing?", because it's displayed in this section.

Other option is add a custom field to the product, but it will require some custom development for which the best option is use our Jobs Board and try find a skilled developer that can help you to achieve your needs.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.