Marketpress product videos YouTube

Hello
we are currently using Marketpress with Multisite powering about 30 stores each with their own product marketpress database. We currently do a product CSV file upload to upload the products into Marketpress. They YouTube videos for each product are currently getting put in the Description and WordPress is stripping out the YouTube embed code periodically.

What is the best way to import these YouTube videos into MarketPress?
What is the best way to import and attach YouTube videos to products in MarketPress?
Thanks!
Monte

• Rupok

Hi Monte,

They YouTube videos for each product are currently getting put in the Description

Can you please tell us where you are trying to put them instead of the description area? Normally, product related information are shown in the Description area as the title says. So I'd normally put those in product description area for my products, but definitely you have a better idea I believe and I could help you get that if I knew how you are trying to show them, or on which area.

What is the best way to import and attach YouTube videos to products in MarketPress?

That totally depends how you want to attach. MarketPress creates a custom post type for products, and normally I'd suggest to create a custom field for for that post type and add YouTube video ID in that custom field. Then modify the custom page template with all YouTube embedding code except the ID. The ID will be taken dynamically from the product page custom field. In that case, WordPress won't strip down embed code because we will be using that at template level.

So I'm not sure how you are willing to attach your videos or showing them with your products. Your target will decide what will be the best way to import those. Please send us more details about your requirement, we will surely be able to help you go in that direction.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.